🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey guys, the family and I went to the beach for a day just to get away and enjoy the nice weather, this is my total take from about 3 total hrs detecting, 2.62 clad and the hottest blingiest earing you ever laid eyes on lol, I thought the small baseball cap pendant was silver but it had rust on it so thats a no, definately a much needed relaxing day on the beach, thanks for looking and HH IMG01183-20130602-1601.jpg

Upvote 0

Rich in Central PA

May 28, 2003
Shamokin Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've always had luck under the piers next to Bally's and up by the Taj Mahal. Lots of dropped coins from the boardwalk/park up above. But hey you had a good day and that's all that matters..............Rich

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Wild Bling!:laughing7:Your baseball cap pendant could actually be silver if what's on it is merely a layer or glob of iron rather than actual corrosion of the pendant. Some of the beaches I detect have many big hunks of iron under the sand, and the iron leaches out into the sand, apparently becoming "liquid" for a while. Last week I dug a gold-color ring on such an iron-infested beach. Much of my ring was covered with thin "rusty" brown iron film, which at first made me assume my ring was a ring of slightly-corroded junk metal. Then, recalling that refined gold probably doesn't interact with iron, I tried chipping a little piece of the "corrosion" off and viola! Eventually I chipped all the "corrosion" off, leaving a gorgeous 9-gram 14k gold ring, which has been verified by a jeweler's acid testing. I realize silver does interact with more metals than gold does, but unless you see the silver actually eaten into by another metal, the "corrosion" may be just a film or hunk of iron adhering to actual silver. Sorry for so much blab, but I don't want anybody to discard as junk metal their items that may be precious metals. In my case, I would've been throwing $250 worth of gorgeous gold into the trashcan.:BangHead: HAVE FUN! Andi

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread