Old Token Found at the Defunct Amusement Park

D

doyboy

Hey, dudes, Zoyboy, Silver Zeus, Paco and I decided to hit the defunct amusement park. The wooded area was totally diggable, so we were excited to get started.

My finds:
- 1919 "Swift & Company" token. The front says, "A Swift Dollar of Sales." I am not much of a token expert, but I guess this one indicates that with a dollar purchase of meat, "84.5 cents are paid for live stock, 13 cents are paid for labor excuses and freight, and 1.6 cents remanin for Swift & Company."

Paco's finds:
- Indian Head penny

Zoyboy:
-nada - hehehehe

Attachments

• token3.jpg
    token3.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 512
  • token3b.jpg
    token3b.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 516
Upvote 0

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
Nice find! Listed as #HK 907 in Hibler & Kappen's book, So-called Dollars. There are also two varieties dated 1918. They were given to visitors at the Union Stock Yards Plant in Chicago, and were also available by mail upon request.

larrybass

Jan 12, 2006
Ottawa, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro-Amigo
:) Hey I dig your kool token find there Doyboy, that is fairly old. How far does this park go back to when the amusement side of it was rockin'? Do you have any idea how many people attended those happening places back in the day, on a daily basis, dude? Man, it was kinda like a mini-disney trip and stuff. And they were all there to party on and to spend their coins. Trust me on this my new TNet friend, many, many coins were lost there over the years while they were having such fun too.

If if i'ts not been hunted too heavily yet, you are bound to find lots of fun stuff this spring or whenever the main ground stays thawed. Nice move, by the way, to take your posse over to the more protected and out of the way sections too, guy. ;) Besides being easier therefore, smarter digging on your part, also there were more than a few pairs of drawers that had to have been dropped back in there over that many years, so the odds are real good a few more tokens, coins and or jewelery will be waiting for your next tour over there, buddy. Thanx 4 sharing your THunting adventure with us all in here too! 8)

Make sure you keep us posted as to wazup, K?

later,

Lb

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome token find DB! I learned to be a meatcutter by trade and the Swift Packaging Meat company was a big retailer back then, 22+ years ago in Ohio, cut a lot of their meat products. I'm now an Electronics Technician in Germany, slight change in careers, LOL! Let me know if you want to sell or trade it. HH, Mike

ghostrider1775

Dec 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500 GTI/ Grand Master Hunter CX3
Way to go!!! I don't know if your interested, but I sent a link for Defunctparks.com recently, you might find something interesting in PA. HH.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread