kfetters

May 27, 2013
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi everybody!
Had some neat finds out back while installing a new patio. Both of which I thought were junk from my last few digs. Another double check your junk moment. Didn’t have the detector on tonight.
First of all, a 1958 Goldblatt “Bids for Kids” plastic token good for $1.00. I thought it was a plastic washer. Finally put it in my pocket and washed it. Noticed the writing.. Hello!!! NICE!!
Secondly, that rusty piece of circular iron(?). I’ve been pushing this around the yard for a while now. Didn’t take the time to bring it in, but thought it may be worth checking. It made it through the trash thankfully. Tonight I noticed what looks like 3 hooks or tabs folded over on the back. You can see the roundness sticking out the front. A badge? Hat piece? A relic? Who knows yet?? It’s definitely something that's old and cool. Gotta figure out how to get it “un-crusted”.
Lastly, 3 more marbles! That makes 10 total. 1 is flat sided but they are still neat. A few other buttons and bits as well.
The other stuff was from last night. Not much but enough to keep me coming back.:laughing7: I think I found the other half of that wing weeks ago in the same field.
Thanks for looking and good luck! Kenny:hello:

Attachments

• goldblatts token and relic 7-11.jpg
    goldblatts token and relic 7-11.jpg
    996.8 KB · Views: 106
  • 7-9 & 7-11 hamlin and back yard.jpg
    7-9 & 7-11 hamlin and back yard.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 74
Upvote 1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread