PA, MA Buttons & Insignia I

JDug

Aug 15, 2012
Frederick Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's V3I , Minelab CTX 3030 , Cibola, Deus, ATPro, GPX 5000. 4800, 4500, & 3500.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This evenings CW digs. I got 3 firsts , a :dontknow: MI Button :dontknow: a insignia I and a MA button. I have dug buttons from 6 different states in 1 camp now. Somebody pinch me.

image-3484640121.jpg

image-525863632.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 2

Devonrex

Jan 6, 2012
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, Nautilus DMC IIB
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a Michigan State button. The Pennsylvania is similar but much rarer! The lead objects are sprues to bullets the soldiers were molding at the site. Once the bullet came out of the mold the sprue was cut off. Still very nice finds! Devonrex

Last edited:

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x and a shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JDug can you get a better close up of the PA button.. It looks like a Michigan button, state seal elk and moose, officer staff

Edit: Me and Devon were typing @ the same time : )

Attachments

• mich.jpg
    mich.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 114
OP
OP
JDug

JDug

Aug 15, 2012
Frederick Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's V3I , Minelab CTX 3030 , Cibola, Deus, ATPro, GPX 5000. 4800, 4500, & 3500.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
HutSiteDigger said:
JDug can you get a better close up of the PA button.. It looks like a Michigan button, state seal elk and moose, officer staff

Edit: Me and Devon were typing @ the same time : )

image-3066407378.jpg

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x and a shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very pretty button JDug.. It's been at least 3 years since I dug a MI button and I been itching for one. I don't know if you saw my post about the Federal Officer Staff button I dug the other day! but in it my dad who is one of em old school MDers dug a MI button with me the other day but he banged the hell outta it with his shovel.. Glad too see others are out there digging them!! You are seriously bound too find a good plate/buckle or ID tag soon in this spot you are hitting.

OP
OP
JDug

JDug

Aug 15, 2012
Frederick Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
HutSiteDigger said:
Very pretty button JDug.. It's been at least 3 years since I dug a MI button and I been itching for one. I don't know if you saw my post about the Federal Officer Staff button I dug the other day! but in it my dad who is one of em old school MDers dug a MI button with me the other day but he banged the hell outta it with his shovel.. Glad too see others are out there digging them!! You are seriously bound too find a good plate/buckle or ID tag soon in this spot you are hitting.

Thanks for the correction. I'll checkout your post. Too bad your banged it , I almost banged the this 1. It was in the sidewall less then a inch. So far only big screamers out of this camp was a breast plate and a shoulder scale. My best button was a nice Maryland.

okerraine

Mar 24, 2009
Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
XP Deus Teknetics T2 Minelab equinox 800 CTX Firty Firty
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice recoveries, congratulations

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread