Got me a nice new spot last night! 28 buff, 23 & 44 mercs, handful of wheats!

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got me a nice new spot last night! '28 buff, '23 & '44 mercs, handful of wheats!

hey guys, its been a bit since I had some noteable finds. I couldnt bring myself to detect in the 90+ degree temps for longer than 15 minutes at a time. So i took a nice long country drive today after work in search of a new farmhouse spot to hunt. I prefer old farmhouses because lets face it; rural country people are much more polite than city folks, at least thats been my experience. I found a nice 1860s farm home about 42 miles away from home and the owner was sitting on the front porch enjoying the somewhat cooler temps. So i get out of the car and do my usual pitch and without hesitation the husband and wife both said "you go right ahead, enjoy yourself" Gotta love that response right? super super nice folks, in their late 80s talking to me about their lives in that home for the past 60 yrs. They told me that their son searched over the spot about 10-15 yrs ago w/ a guy from their church but I just had a feeling the spot would be a good one. My hunch was correct, my very first target was a 23 merc!8-) I just picked a random spot to start and bang! first hit was a silver, first time that happened to me ever! I continued to work the front yard for a while but only had 2 hrs of daylight left. I got the usual wheats (9 early 1900s) and finally pulled a readable date Buff (1928)!! first readable buff this year for me:headbang:, a few targets later I pulled the second silver for the day 1944 merc! first double merc day for me in a while. I also got that neat button that says "FSBCO, Easton PA" on it. I only did 1 section of front yard and have alot of yard to cover and will be going back asap as they said "you come back whenever you want" They even gave me their # to call so I dont waste a trip if theyre not home!, Its not everyday I find spots like this with such nice people!! Thanks for looking and HH!!! 130721_0000.jpg 130721_0001.jpg

Upvote 6

Digger2

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2013
Vacherie Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS,Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500 ,
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Detectorpro Uniprobe

Vibra-tector 730
Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice story, and great finds. I love those Mercs.
Nice folks are always a real treasure!

Roy

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector_searching.gif
You got to love when everything comes together - great finds cjon455. Thanks for sharing...

Birky

Apr 19, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats to you on your new spot cjon, stories like this give me hope and determination to get out there and knock some doors myself!

I hope it produces much more for you in the future:icon_thumright:

HH,
Chris

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, sounds like a site with potential. Especially since relatives figure they're already "hunted out" the place. ;)

Good job!
HH!

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice story, and great finds. I love those Mercs.
Nice folks are always a real treasure!

Roy

yeah nice people like that take the nervousness out of door knocking!

metal_detector_searching.gif
You got to love when everything comes together - great finds cjon455. Thanks for sharing...
yeah kinda had a gut feeling going down that country road!
Congrats to you on your new spot cjon, stories like this give me hope and determination to get out there and knock some doors myself!

I hope it produces much more for you in the future:icon_thumright:

HH,
Chris

just do it man, i tell ya, getting the nerve to knock that first door has paid off well for me, the worst they can say is no right?

Yeah, sounds like a site with potential. Especially since relatives figure they're already "hunted out" the place. ;)

Good job!
HH!

gotta love those "hunted out" spots right?

claire

Nov 24, 2008
long island ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm V, MX 5, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, although I use to live near Easton PA and I did not find the counrty folk very friendly. Glad you found a nice couple and a hot spot!

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, although I use to live near Easton PA and I did not find the counrty folk very friendly. Glad you found a nice couple and a hot spot!
Yeah i guess its all about the luck i suppose. When people are as nice as they are it makes door knocking much easier

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC & TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II---ETRAC COILS :SEF 10x12, SEF 6x8, X-5, Detech 8" concentric, ,--- TESORO COILS- 12x10 TOOLS: Lesche, Profind 25, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love those early mercury dimes. Nice hunt: always nice to find silver!:hello2:

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice story and thanks for sharing.. Congrats on the finds and the silver.. Hope to see more finds from this spot..

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC & TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II---ETRAC COILS :SEF 10x12, SEF 6x8, X-5, Detech 8" concentric, ,--- TESORO COILS- 12x10 TOOLS: Lesche, Profind 25, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All of my finds this year are from private yards except ONE silver Roosevelt found near a sidewalk.
Those yes's are well worth the no's!
yeah nice people like that take the nervousness out of door knocking!

yeah kinda had a gut feeling going down that country road!

just do it man, i tell ya, getting the nerve to knock that first door has paid off well for me, the worst they can say is no right?

gotta love those "hunted out" spots right?

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All of my finds this year are from private yards except ONE silver Roosevelt found near a sidewalk.
Those yes's are well worth the no's!

I tell ya, sometimes im preparing myself in myhead for the immediate no, so when they say yes i kinda take a double take lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread