ouch.JPG
    98.7 KB · Views: 253
Upvote 1

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow... close one Romeo. That would have definitely left a mark. Who knows where that's been.

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes we run into hazards like that at times...but that old rusty metal could be just as bad...Didn't you find a jar of blades a few years back on a dyke, believe it was around the same time you got a gold ring...

OP
OP
romeo-1

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes we run into hazards like that at times...but that old rusty metal could be just as bad...Didn't you find a jar of blades a few years back on a dyke, believe it was around the same time you got a gold ring...

Good memory! Yep, bottle of razor blades on the same hunt I found my first gold ring...

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, way the hell better than needles from an inner city park! I'll gladly take 100 stabs from rust or whatever compared to one dirty needle.

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That would deffinetly ruin your day. Glad it did'nt get you.

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
running that needle under your finger nail would probably make you say naughty words.

dfx-kevin

Mar 15, 2013
Southwest mississippi
Detector(s) used
whites dfx and Tesoro original silver saber
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sliced my fingers more than a few times on glass, but that looks just as bad

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Must be a normal practice for farmers...my last hunt out, I pulled the top of the glass vial with rubber top...

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Ooooh that woulda smarted!

I've found several large hypodermic needles like that and even a few of the large brass and glass vile syringes, all were found on an old experimental farm that had livestock for many years( mostly cattle) easily lost by vets in the dark stalls and hard to find in the straw, then cast out with the manure onto the fields.

Another reason why I always were leather gloves detecting, they might not stop them but it could surely slow down a bad poke in the hand

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am sure that would have left a mark and not just in your laundry. I am glad you didn't get stabbed, I cringe when see people looking for their targets with bare hands and no pin pointer, just blindly grabbing handfulls of dirt and waving them over thier coil. There is a ton of things in the ground that can give you cuts, scrapes and or illnessess diseases so we have to be careful out there.
HH and see you soon,
ZDD

OP
OP
romeo-1

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am sure that would have left a mark and not just in your laundry. I am glad you didn't get stabbed, I cringe when see people looking for their targets with bare hands and no pin pointer, just blindly grabbing handfulls of dirt and waving them over thier coil. There is a ton of things in the ground that can give you cuts, scrapes and or illnessess diseases so we have to be careful out there.
HH and see you soon,
ZDD

Speaking of which...I finally figured out why my detectors' been driving me crazy for the past month. My SunRay crapped out! It' must have been damaged when it took a dunk in the river. I took it off in the field today and it was like a brand new detector...now I'm in the market for a new pinpointer. Think I'll go with a hand held this time...

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Speaking of which...I finally figured out why my detectors' been driving me crazy for the past month. My SunRay crapped out! It' must have been damaged when it took a dunk in the river. I took it off in the field today and it was like a brand new detector...now I'm in the market for a new pinpointer. Think I'll go with a hand held this time...
That's good you found out what was screwing up your detector but it's bad you have to get a new pin pointer. I had to get a new one to this summer too.
ZDD

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
What if the cow was being given a shot for anthrax, or perhaps black leg. There can be some nasty stuff on needles used on animals. Although out in a field I'd like to think the bad stuff would be gone, but tetanus could be on it, especially if there were horses in the field.

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
Things like this is another reason I almost never reach down in a hole with my hands. My Sampson Mini Shovel, after a good pinpoint for exact location by using the ProPointer...The Sampson yanks it all out with no danger to me.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have a feeling that's what killed mine every time. Too bad you never mentioned about the problems because I would have said first thing to do is take the probe off.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
....not that it matters but that looks like the type of needle we use on Sedation darts....shot from a phnuematic rifle.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread