One Chief, Three Wheaties, 100+ Degrees!

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
White’s TDI Beach Hunter PI / Minelab Excalibur 1000 / White's MX Sport / White’s XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit an old park today. Spent about 4 hours searching for goodies. I worked the shadow line of the big trees to keep out of the sun. Most of the time, nothing. Dug 2 or 3 pull tabs, that's it! However, I always plan on leaving with something, so on I go. Finally, I hit a good VDI 22-23 and repeatable. Shape, Sound, Size: OK, let's go! Digging was hard, but out falls the 1927 Chief! Guess what! My day was made! 100 degrees and all! As a matter of fact, I'm was just getting warmed up. After the first good find I like to set up a grid pattern. First circling out from that find, then I set a pattern. The Wheaties and a couple of more recent dated coins came next. Fun...but, time to go home. Approximately 3-3 1/2 hours to find the Chief, 30-40 minutes for the rest! I guess that's metal detecting! H Digs

View attachment 842986

Last edited:
Upvote 2

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector_searching.gif
Nice finds Twinkletoes. I find that some of my best finds are around old trees. Thanks for sharing...

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you found that chief in the "buff". ;)

Nice!
HH!

OP
OP
Twinkletoes

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
White’s TDI Beach Hunter PI / Minelab Excalibur 1000 / White's MX Sport / White’s XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you found that chief in the "buff". ;)

Nice!
HH!

That's very funny! :) I can't remember when or why I started calling buffalo nickels "Chiefs". However, I can't think of another coin that is commonly known by it's "tails" side!

View attachment 843783

Last edited:

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow that Buffalo is nice! Congrats!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread