Detector(s) used
T2SE
DFX
XLT
GPX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Some plantation finds including 2 Company letter A's

Ive been SUPER busy lately. With my new job. I am now the estate manager of a 5000 acre estate near my home. Its first setled in 1739 and the original plantation home was built in 1802. then turn of the century it was developed into this

Along with an entire Network of near 100 structures to support its own Self sustaining existance. The Property is truly a site to see. The front yard is only 6 acres in size :) and full of Massive trees Over the decades they have had MANY festivals open to the public here. So its been a CLAD FEST ive dug over 10 bucks just on lunch time hunts in a week. Ive gotten fed with diggin it lol BUT there are some relics hiding under all the junk and change there as you can see.
It will take years to just hunt the yard out in sections with multiple targets in every swing. My favorites is the SWEET but broken Hat Letter A and the EARLY small size Post Office button with just the PO on the face. Ive NEVER seen one of these dug before. This style was on the vest and cap strap of the first uniforms of the usps circa 1868 A style unlike the coat button with mounted carrier pictured.

PO button

\ANYONE ever seen this one
Not going to clean this one dont want to loose any detail on the front
Attached Thumbnails

Ha' Penny just not very old.... :( that one had me goin!

Token for PEPSIN-KOLA

Here is a shot of a part of the property on Friday Where I was diggin with my Boy seen here trying to sneak up on a curious bambi

There are also a few interesting relics that surfaced including a token for a 5c PEPSIN-KOLA FOUNTAIN DRINK ISSUED FROM GEM CHEMICAL CO. IN BALTIMORE MD. Ive looked around and perfect tokens like this one are worth 100 bucks. CRAZY Its the origins of the pepsi we all know today.
Thanks!

Found another letter A at the plantation the other day, Along with a brass piece from a draft collar in a pit.No definate sign of Confederate camp yet BUT thses two pieces some melted lead and a few small cal balls however it is looking promising
once the hay is cut ill know for sure

Last edited:
Upvote 6

SCDigginWithAK

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Pro Pointer, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome finds! I Look forward to seeing what else you find here!

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a shot of a part of the property on Friday Where I was diggin with my Boy seen here trying to sneak up on a curious bambi

Awesome finds, awesome place.

But, the one picture of a young buck sizing up another, priceless! :thumbsup:

HH!

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow what a place. I'd say you are very fortunate to be allowed to hunt there

Ifoundit69

Saving the past one find at a time !
Dec 5, 2007
Lancaster ,VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum Xlt ,Fisher 1270, Fisher F5 ,Fisher F2, , Ctx 3030 ,Nokta Anfibio,Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey J.B , was wondering about that brass piece if it is off a draft collars , all the ones ive seen are angled on the bottom and kind of curved . I have the exact same one you have and thought it was a cane handle ....

And nice score on the letters!

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CMD.jpg 5000 acres :cool: big $$$ estate

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like an unbelievable place to be able to hunt. :thumbsup:

Will be looking forward to seeing the results of your work from that site with that GPX come fall. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread