Everything coming up Rosies..again..40th silver of the year!

TMac

Feb 9, 2013
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Minelab X-terra 705 dual pack
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello all!
drove around this evening looking for a place to hunt.. stop by about 3 but they all had people there with kids so i didn't want to bother anyone and did not stop. Ended up in the parking lot of the 1940s school that i thought I've hunted out having pulled 21 silvers and 125+ Wheats from it but nothing the last three times I've gone. Well i decided to put the coil to the soil for a few and came out swinging. Decided to hit near the street more and one small parking lot patch that I've never hit because i thought it was newer, and ended up pulling out 9 wheats and 4 silver rosies! That's silvers 37-40 for me in my rookie year! I set my goal for 50 so I'm closing in!
HH everyone
TMac

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130811_222439.png
    ForumRunner_20130811_222439.png
    150.1 KB · Views: 127
  • ForumRunner_20130811_222511.png
    ForumRunner_20130811_222511.png
    164.8 KB · Views: 117
  • ForumRunner_20130811_222531.png
    ForumRunner_20130811_222531.png
    144 KB · Views: 122
  • ForumRunner_20130811_222553.png
    ForumRunner_20130811_222553.png
    147.1 KB · Views: 123
  • ForumRunner_20130811_222612.png
    ForumRunner_20130811_222612.png
    144 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
Upvote 0

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang Connecticut schools are where it's at! Congrats on your honeyhole of a spot!

OP
OP
TMac

TMac

Feb 9, 2013
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dang Connecticut schools are where it's at! Congrats on your honeyhole of a spot!

Oh, most of them are hunted out..i got lucky finding this one..its only one little strip right next to the road that I've found all the silvers and 99% of the wheats at...that one little strip was virgin ground but the rest of the school seems hunted out..wish the whole school was a virgin site but I'll take what i can get.
HH TMac

McClod

Jun 14, 2013
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett Pro Pointer and Whites TRX Pin Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's pretty darn good and a high bar you set for your 1st year in the hobby! Congrats!! I've been at it since the last week of May and have only a hand full of wheats and no silver to date!

Good thing I didn't set a high goal for myself! I'm working hard for a merc or better! Keep up the great work!

OP
OP
TMac

TMac

Feb 9, 2013
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's pretty darn good and a high bar you set for your 1st year in the hobby! Congrats!! I've been at it since the last week of May and have only a hand full of wheats and no silver to date!

Good thing I didn't set a high goal for myself! I'm working hard for a merc or better! Keep up the great work!

Keep swinging, you'll get it! Make sure you're doing research on your spots.. Look for schools or parks that have been around before 1964.. And pound them out. I started in Feb with my xterra 705, which is a great machine but I only pulled two silver coins with it in four months.. In under three months with my etrac I've pulled 38...god I love my etrac. Good luck to you McClod, and happy hunting.
TMac

McClod

Jun 14, 2013
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Keep swinging, you'll get it! Make sure you're doing research on your spots.. Look for schools or parks that have been around before 1964.. And pound them out. I started in Feb with my xterra 705, which is a great machine but I only pulled two silver coins with it in four months.. In under three months with my etrac I've pulled 38...god I love my etrac. Good luck to you McClod, and happy hunting.
TMac

Thanks TMac! I've been hunting a school built in 1923 but think I need to zero in on some different areas! That is an amazing difference your Etrac made, 38 silvers in 3 months! Thats amazing! I wonder is it just because the Etrac is deeper finding than your previous detector or what do you think?

HH!

OP
OP
TMac

TMac

Feb 9, 2013
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks TMac! I've been hunting a school built in 1923 but think I need to zero in on some different areas! That is an amazing difference your Etrac made, 38 silvers in 3 months! Thats amazing! I wonder is it just because the Etrac is deeper finding than your previous detector or what do you think?
HH!

I think its that...the etrac goes deep, but i was also a super rookie..i had no one showing me the ropes except YouTube vids, and people on here (thank God for all of you)..what do you swing?

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC & TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II---ETRAC COILS :SEF 10x12, SEF 6x8, X-5, Detech 8" concentric, ,--- TESORO COILS- 12x10 TOOLS: Lesche, Profind 25, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! I just hit my 40th yesterday with a 1914 Barber dime and also #41 a Mercury. Wish I could find public places that gave up silver: all of my finds are from private yards. I'm going for 50 as well: 9 to go!

Hello all!
drove around this evening looking for a place to hunt.. stop by about 3 but they all had people there with kids so i didn't want to bother anyone and did not stop. Ended up in the parking lot of the 1940s school that i thought I've hunted out having pulled 21 silvers and 125+ Wheats from it but nothing the last three times I've gone. Well i decided to put the coil to the soil for a few and came out swinging. Decided to hit near the street more and one small parking lot patch that I've never hit because i thought it was newer, and ended up pulling out 9 wheats and 4 silver rosies! That's silvers 37-40 for me in my rookie year! I set my goal for 50 so I'm closing in!
HH everyone
TMac

catherine1

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. That school has produced a lot of nice coins.

OP
OP
TMac

TMac

Feb 9, 2013
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats! I just hit my 40th yesterday with a 1914 Barber dime and also #41 a Mercury. Wish I could find public places that gave up silver: all of my finds are from private yards. I'm going for 50 as well: 9 to go!

Awesome SE! Congrats! I feel like my last ten are going to be hard to find..maybe i should start door knocking...need to build up courage.

McClod

Jun 14, 2013
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi TMac! I have a the ATPro and like you, had never done it before I bought mine the end of May! I also only had the YouTube videos and forum folks for help! I've improved greatly with my at pro....but would love to have an Etrac to compliment it! I know there has to be some silver at some of my sites, but also heard there's some others in my area hitting it hard so will see. Congrats on your continued success with your Etrac! Sounds like when the silver hears you turn on the etrac they just put up their hands and surrender to you! Amazing!

OP
OP
TMac

TMac

Feb 9, 2013
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi TMac! I have a the ATPro and like you, had never done it before I bought mine the end of May! I also only had the YouTube videos and forum folks for help! I've improved greatly with my at pro....but would love to have an Etrac to compliment it! I know there has to be some silver at some of my sites, but also heard there's some others in my area hitting it hard so will see. Congrats on your continued success with your Etrac! Sounds like when the silver hears you turn on the etrac they just put up their hands and surrender to you! Amazing!

Mcclod, keep swinging man, good stuff will come! From all the vids I've watched about the atpro you got yourself a good machine there that goes deep..keep varying your spots and if you find wheats then pound it. I wish you tons of success and have a feeling you're going to pull something great soon..
Btw..that's gonna be my new nickname..silver police.."i know your down there silver, now come out with your hands up..and get in my pouch" =)
HH
TMac

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC & TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II---ETRAC COILS :SEF 10x12, SEF 6x8, X-5, Detech 8" concentric, ,--- TESORO COILS- 12x10 TOOLS: Lesche, Profind 25, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome! Congrats on 40! I just hit my 40th a few weeks ago. Homing in on 50. It's nice when you can find a spot that produces!

Cutaplug

Aug 18, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on a four silver day! Gotta love those sites that just keep producing like that.

OP
OP
TMac

TMac

Feb 9, 2013
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on a four silver day! Gotta love those sites that just keep producing like that.

Thanks cutaplug! Do you make YouTube videos? If you're the same cutaplug, i enjoy your videos, thanks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread