Small park, but soooooo many targets

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Left home this morning with all intentions of hunting the beach again, but a block from the beach is a small bowl shaped park/sledding hills, and they have flooded it for the last 50+ years, for ice skating. I drive by it every time on the way to the beach, and skated there in the 60-70's, Stopped once and only hit the tot lot, and part of the sled hill , for a while. Today I stopped and hunted the ice rink area, and wow, the clad!!! also a 1944 Wheat penny. Out of 25 pennies, only 4 were zincolns! To bad the ground will be froze this weekend, should be a good Spring spot. 101_7093.JPG 101_7094.JPG 101_7095.JPG

Upvote 3

lab rat

May 21, 2003
Sunny Southern CA Coast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I'd never thought people would lose much while ice skating, but if you've got your hands in your pockets to keep them warm and suddenly slip, the coins will come out with your hands when you scramble to regain your balance! Any of them look like they've been run over by blades?

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! You found a hot spot, bet there's some real nice goodies there! Put that first on your list when it thaws.

OP
OP
cooper1841

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No blade marks. I know when you drop a warm coin on the ice, it is darn near impossiable to pick up! This place is packed with people all winter,
I'd never thought people would lose much while ice skating, but if you've got your hands in your pockets to keep them warm and suddenly slip, the coins will come out with your hands when you scramble to regain your balance! Any of them look like they've been run over by blades?

OP
OP
cooper1841

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Had it on my list since spring, and kept driving past it, thought there were better spots lol, funny thing is , it was number 3 on the list. It will get a lot more attention in the Spring. I only covered about a 25 sq yd area today, so much diggin
Wow! You found a hot spot, bet there's some real nice goodies there! Put that first on your list when it thaws.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My back hurts now from just looking at that picture. What was your trash to find ratio? Depending on how hungry I am for a ring depends on how much trash I dig. When I dig all signals I dig as many trash finds as coins or more if I havent worked the area before. Im too sick to go last two days, thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
cooper1841

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Honestly Casca, I only dug about 6-7 pull tabs, and a couple bottle alum. caps, pretty clean park, no grills, or pick nic area
My back hurts now from just looking at that picture. What was your trash to find ratio? Depending on how hungry I am for a ring depends on how much trash I dig. When I dig all signals I dig as many trash finds as coins or more if I havent worked the area before. Im too sick to go last two days, thanks for sharing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread