Found today: Soviet Russian Soldier Hat with Medals and Patches.

vscience

Jun 23, 2012
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fount it at the recycle thrift store. I can't tell if its a cool souvenir or the real deal because it's really clean.
Any guesses?
100_0308.jpg 100_0310.jpg 100_0311.jpg 100_0312.jpg 100_0315.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 1
OP
OP
V

vscience

Jun 23, 2012
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just added a close up photo of the text under the 55 which is printed on the INSIDE the cap. The text is in Russian. Check it out. Thx.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool find !

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
The tank image: Russian emblem of the Soviet Union armored forces, and then Russia and some CIS republics 1960s - early 1990s.
All the attachments appear to have been hastily sewn or attached as one might do going to a sports event.
Don.......

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Boy do I have a story for you...In Oct. 2010, 75 kids and their chaperones came here to FT. Myers on a goodwill tour of Little League baseball. The kids needed host families, and we got roped in to host teenagers for two weeks. None of them spoke English, but certainly understood it. They all came to America w/ 2 large suitcases, one loaded w/ baseball gear and (limited) clothes, the other packed w/ everything from Vodka to military ''collectables'', to Matryoshka nesting dolls. The intent was to gift these to host families, in exchange for American souvenirs. I assumed wranglers and Marlboros...actually wanted I-pads and I-phones...who knew? Anyways several of us Dads of the neighborhood compared notes and realized we all ended up with Russian junk that is worthless. I have long since gotten rid of the clutter they brought into my home, and I know my "other Moms and Dads" have too, mostly at yard sales and thrift stores...looks like you got the real McCoy,...enjoy. P.S., do you want any Vodka? I got like 3 gallons of it.

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boy do I have a story for you...In Oct. 2010, 75 kids and their chaperones came here to FT. Myers on a goodwill tour of Little League baseball. The kids needed host families, and we got roped in to host teenagers for two weeks. None of them spoke English, but certainly understood it. They all came to America w/ 2 large suitcases, one loaded w/ baseball gear and (limited) clothes, the other packed w/ everything from Vodka to military ''collectables'', to Matryoshka nesting dolls. The intent was to gift these to host families, in exchange for American souvenirs. I assumed wranglers and Marlboros...actually wanted I-pads and I-phones...who knew? Anyways several of us Dads of the neighborhood compared notes and realized we all ended up with Russian junk that is worthless. I have long since gotten rid of the clutter they brought into my home, and I know my "other Moms and Dads" have too, mostly at yard sales and thrift stores...looks like you got the real McCoy,...enjoy. P.S., do you want any Vodka? I got like 3 gallons of it.

Don't know about anybody else but.......Pass that bottle Comrade! I'll have some!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread