Gold foil inside yellow stone?

winslow

Oct 30, 2004
Oregon, No Cal Border
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Max, Equinox 800
Went detecting in the rain today for a couple of hours. ??? Hadn't been out all week so had to get my detecting fix. Went to a place where they do outdoor concerts and found 84 modern muddy coins and what I thought were 3 slimy earrings. Surprised that there were so many good targets. Maybe others are avoiding because of all the pull tabs and bottle caps.

The post looks too thick on the big yellow one so maybe that one is a pendant. Looks nice without all the mud caked in it.

I swear that it looks like there is gold foil inside that yellow stone (citrine? amber?). I initially thought it was some kind of backing that was peeling away but it's actually inside. No hallmarks anywhere. Maybe its a homemade jobbie. Strange!

Attachments

• finds 2-14 earrings.jpg
    finds 2-14 earrings.jpg
    281.4 KB · Views: 162
  • finds 2-14 pendant back.jpg
    finds 2-14 pendant back.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 174
Upvote 4

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
of course it's hard to tell just from pics, but to me it looks like natural citrine with an inclusion

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Looks like your slogging through mud paid off well! :hello2: :icon_thumright: Three attractive pieces of jewelry! I agree the one with yellow stone looks like a pendant. If the stone is natural, possibly the "foil" is a natural metallic inclusion also. Let us know if you find out what the stone is! HAVE FUN! :icon_flower: Andi

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds congrats! It paid to go out MD'ing!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread