ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
found iron railroad "spike"from the 1st florida railroad set up by david yulee

a rather ugly item as far as looks goes really---I'm sure it will look better cleaned up properly--- due to the old style trains and tracks being smaller than modern ones --the spike is smaller in size than a modern day one--- but its a piece of history that the railroad / train buffs would love --- I'm going to clean it and properly preserve it and mount it on a wooden plaque-- found it along the old railroad bed line in a hunting area near my house while looking fot turkey sign---(they get small rocks for their crop there)almost ran over it ---talk about a "flat" tire whoa---I might "put" it on loan to the local history group ---giving it means they can sell it later on if they want--- to prevent that from happening---I"LL "loan" it long term--- if its "delisted or no longer wanted" then I get it back ---I'll do the selling thank you.** after I finish cleaning it up-- think I'll post a photo of it---I have no idea what if any value it would have other than its historical value Ivan

Upvote 0
J

jdzi_02

Re: found iron railroad "spike"from the 1st florida railroad set up by david yulee

hey i live on the st johns river in lake county and if you want more of them "what i call" mini railroad spikes, there are tons of them here. the first railroad came thru this area also. just look up astor florida..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread