One mans trash is another dogs treasure!

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One man's trash is another dog's treasure!

Just had to post this one....
My wife sent me a picture of our Great Dane, Violet who seems to have been doing a little "treasure hunting" of her own! Notice the "oh, man...busted"! look on her face!
Now...if we can teach her to sniff out gold and silver we're in there..... but I'm willing to bet the best she can manage are cat food cans and the Parmesan cheese she has here! She's cute but not the sharpest knife in the drawer if ya know what I mean!
Violet Trash Picking.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 3

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No better friend than the a mans dog

OP
OP
DocBeav

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No better friend than the a mans dog

True..... but she is more of a "Mommy's Girl". She sits at the window when it's close to to the time she will be home from work and whines whenever a car comes past just HOPING it will be her! Then, when it is, .....she goes bats**t crazy and almost kills herself running down the stairs! Gotta see Mommy!

I think the cats like me though....:laughing7:

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We have a Boston Terrier we rescued several years ago. She LOVES to go for rides. So whenever she hears me pick up my keys she comes running. I take her with me everywhere but not when I go metal detecting. No more sad then the look on her face as I close the door leaving her behind. She's precious. My gal dresses her up at Halloween and she actually seems to like it. Here are a few photos of her. The first photo is our three dogs at St. Patrick's Day... dogs.jpg
dog4.jpg
dog3.jpg

This last one is her at Home Depot.
dog2.jpg

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
outstanding.gif
Super pictures everyone! You got to love pets - you can yell at them - push them aside and they will still come running when you call them. Pet's are great and bring much enjoyment!

Klclark3

Banned
Apr 20, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Discovery 3300, AT GOLD, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not to break the chain of dog pictures but how does that magic mesh work for you on the door? I seen them on the ads and just don't see how they'd work that good.

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Love the pics! :icon_thumright: With a sweet name like Violet, she kinda had to be Mommy's girl, lol.

My cat doesn't snitch food, but she loves to watch me wash off my detecting finds & will steal the rings! I became more careful after one of my dug silver rings disappeared, found it a couple weeks later shoved under the couch with several of her hoarded cat toys -- so my cat is a pack rat at heart. :cat: Andi

OP
OP
DocBeav

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not to break the chain of dog pictures but how does that magic mesh work for you on the door? I seen them on the ads and just don't see how they'd work that good.

It works pretty well actually....it's cheap a** material but easy to put up and both of our dogs and our two cats easily learned that they could push through it and go in and out (when the door is open!). Pretty much had the same thing going whe the screen door was busted through (rented our house out while stationed overseas) by another dog and left it as a "flap" for a while until the rest of the door stopped working (never buying ANY Pella products again...). After I removed the old screen door, it just made sense to try this as the animals were used to it. It is time to buy a new one though (think I've had it up for close to 2 years) as it's pretty beat up!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread