tpmrcp

Dec 31, 2006
East Stroudsburg, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well you know the rest. Sunday I got off work at 7am and got some coffee and decided to detect at one of the local elementary schools by where I work. I had my Ace 250, Radio Shack headphones and my gator digging tool. A few kids and parents showed up so I unplugged the headphones so the kids could hear the beeps and watch me dig. When one kid wasnt looking, i dropped a quarte in a hole, then i told him whatever he digs up he could keep. You should have seen his face when he dug up that quarter after hearing the beep-beep. He ran and told his mom, "look a real coin!!". Well they left, and since there was nobody around and it was warm, i left my headphones off and went to work. I went a little farther when i realized i left my headphones by the playground. Sure enough, when i came back (less than 100 yards) they were gone. Lovely. So my take for the day:
1 Timberland boot thingamabob
1 Kiddie ring
1 wheatie 1937
85 cents in clad (minus one quarter for that kid)
and one set of headphones stolen (-19.99)
At least I made a new fan of the hobby (priceless)
coins4.jpg

St Pats Day Savannah GA
n9391676_37656998_9723.jpg

n9391676_37657001_149.jpg

n9391676_37657052_9784.jpg

We ended in the back seat of the gracious Savannah Police Dept's squad car at 5am.... looong story lol
n9391676_37657077_2622.jpg

n9391676_37657084_3439.jpg

Upvote 0

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds.

Stinks about the headphones. :(

And, I don't want to seem rude, but all that action in the bar and then who'd you ride home with? :D :D :D

Maryland Searcher

Mar 4, 2007
Maryland, Pennsylvania line
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT (New model)
::) Too bad they cant make headphones that just go beep when you plug them into something else. I can see it now! Some guy or gal with the pilfered earphones plugs them in to listen to the new "Purple Nipple" CD and cranks it up only to hear......."BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP BEEEEEEEEEEEP BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!

lucky1777

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2005
Illinois
Charlie P. (NY) said:
Nice finds.

Stinks about the headphones. :(

And, I don't want to seem rude, but all that action in the bar and then who'd you ride home with? :D :D :D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Sorry about your headphones

Yarrum

Mar 13, 2007
Queensland, Australia
Detector(s) used
Jackeroo, BH Landstar
Really sucks about the headphones, I dunno about people these days. But hey at least you did a great thing for that kid. Hat's off to you.

HH

roswellborn

Jan 9, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Terrific re the kid

Bummer re the headphones (at least they weren't the top dollar version)

Re the squad car: we got the pictures, but no story to go with it :'( I love loooong stories ...

Glad you managed to find something, at least

HH
Nan

Salvager

Sep 4, 2006
Queensland, Australia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov. Elite / Explorer II
Well I can see the great finds you made there! ;)

Too bad about the 'phones. Maybe you'll see someone post them later on todays finds!

Better luck next time!

Have fun,
Salvager

WeaponsUSMC

Jul 26, 2005
Findlay Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Saint Patty's day in Savannah. Oh the memories brought back. I was stationed in Beaufort SC from 89-93, and had a blast every year. Savannah impressed me so much I named my oldest daughter after that beautiful city. Me and my friends used to hang out at a three story club that used to be called Congress St. station, i've heard they had changed the name of it though. Great pics and thanks for the memories.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread