Frist time out

McDigger

Mar 6, 2007
Waterville Maine
Detector(s) used
White Prizm III
Well today was my first time out . Just got my Prism 3 last month and have been waiting for the snow to melt. I went to a local park (checked with town office and local police first for there used to be a mill there years ago .) Ground still has lots of snow and frost but sun has gotten to many places . not much to brag about but had a good time and cant wait to get back when digging is better . Just clad , bottle caps and pull tabs . still lots to learn .

Attachments

• frist find.jpg
    frist find.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 291
Upvote 0

dr-quest

Feb 25, 2007
Nova Scotia Canada
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Gold, Whites XLT,Tesoro Stingray ll,Whites Surfmaster ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dont worry if your digging clad you cant miss the silver.
Happy Hunting ;)

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
McDigger said:
Well today was my first time out . Just got my Prism 3 last month and have been waiting for the snow to melt. I went to a local park (checked with town office and local police first for there used to be a mill there years ago .) Ground still has lots of snow and frost but sun has gotten to many places . not much to brag about but had a good time and cant wait to get back when digging is better . Just clad , bottle caps and pull tabs . still lots to learn .

Not bad! Yesterday I hunted for 2 hours at a "hot spot" and dug one shotgunshell brass.

Badger

davesx

Aug 27, 2006
essex, england
Hi McDigger,
Wellcome to Tnet, Not bad for first time,
It will get better,We all get days with nothing to brag about and days with something
to shout about.

HH Dave. :)

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey! Looks like a typical lunch hour hunt at my local park!

You're doing it right. Practice guessing what it is before you dig, but dig it all anyway. I still do and catch the occasional ring or chain that is a nice surprise.

wildrider

Bronze Member
Feb 25, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC IIb/White's 6000 Di Pro
Hey at least your finding stuff. Eventually you'll learn the machine and you'll dig less junk. Until then keep diggin.

Burt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread