Naval officers Button found in Tennessee

xltfireman

Greenie
Mar 16, 2006
Middle Tennesse
Detector(s) used
whites XLT
I went on a evening hunt on a known civil war battle Field in Tn. this button is rare to be in this location I believe it to be a marine button according to the book also the backmark is rare it reads on the top D.Evans and on the bottom is the mark N.A. any help would be appreciated on identifying the date of production

Attachments

• DSCN0009.jpg
    DSCN0009.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 384
  • DSCN0012.jpg
    DSCN0012.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 382
Upvote 0

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice and congrats on your find. I go to Chattanooga now and then and have often wondered where (if anywhere) one could detect.

Badger

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
Nice going! Actually, that's a U.S. Marine Corps button.

trk5capt

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2005
Charleston S.C.
PBK, Nailed It, Have Found Many Here At CW Sites. Nice Find. trk5capt...

Attachments

• Picture021a.jpg
    Picture021a.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 323
  • Picture021a.jpg
    Picture021a.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 318

twister

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2005
Springfield, MO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find. Im in Tennessee too. I live in Lewis county which is southwest of Nashville.
Congrats

HH Twister

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i
I'm having a hard time matchng that up as a period button... it is "close" to Albert's MC 10E.. given the positions of the wings in relation to the stars.. and the closness of the bottom of the anchor to the rim... that might be it.. or a unlisted variation.. I have two Marine buttons.. well.. not counting all the ones on my own uniforms ;-) that are both prewar that came from CW camps.... but even if it is late, and by no means am I saying that.. I'd take a Marine button over most other Union buttons anyday...

and I just have to say....

Semper Fi...

MonkeyBoy

..and if that button as ever attached to a "Naval Officers" dress whites... I think the button would forceably ejected itself.. ;-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread