🥇 BANNER Incredible Gold Nugget found when detecting

49r Relics

Jan 11, 2008
Gold Country (California)
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett AT Pro, Makro Racer 2, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Detector Pro Grey Ghost headphones, Lesche diggers, Apex picks.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The find of a lifetime for me and on my birthday to boot. Me and Ron Swenson Ron(CA) were out detecting an old site where I have found quite a few small nuggets a couple years ago and this was a huge surprise as I never expected gold to come in as a high conductor. This sounded and ID'd just like a silver coin would. I am lucky that I live in such a great place to detect, here in California's gold country. Every once in a while one of us comes across a big nugget like this while out detecting. The 49'rs didn't have detectors and where they didn't dig, there is still the possibility of coming across one of these :thumbsup:

This live dig was caught on video . . . .

I know we say "Dude" alot but, Dude, we're from California!!

Thanks for looking!! Best birthday ever :-D

EDIT: 07-07-2014 - Several have asked me if this nugget is for sale, I am looking at all offers. Thanks!!

vpg8sg.jpg

iz6mp3.jpg

vgs8k7.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 98

Chuxter

Jul 29, 2013
Holy ShNike!! Nice nugget! Wow. Ya Lucky _______ !!! Thanks for sharing the video. What are you going to do with it?

OP
OP
49r Relics

49r Relics

Jan 11, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett AT Pro, Makro Racer 2, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Detector Pro Grey Ghost headphones, Lesche diggers, Apex picks.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy ShNike!! Nice nugget! Wow. Ya Lucky _______ !!! Thanks for sharing the video. What are you going to do with it?

For the time being probably just admire it but if the price was right it could go to a new home soon :goldbar:

Doug H

May 23, 2014
Cumberland, VA
Detector(s) used
White's coinmaster pro
Garrett at pro
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Other
so what is a nugget like that valued at? is a nugget like that 24k since its not mixed with an alloy? Pure gold is 24k right? sorry, I know nothing about gold and never really read up on it. no chance of finding something like that on the east coast so I just hunt for silver coins.

Danwell

Feb 7, 2014
FB,TX
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you should just put a loop on the bottom and wear it as a ring. Just watch out who you shake hands with. You have my bid for BANNER!

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
DUDE ARE YOU KIDDING ME? WOW, WHAT A GIGANTIC CHUNK OF GOLD!!!! CONGRATULATIONS YOU LUCKY SO AND SO!

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HOLY CRAP!!!:3barsgold: is that 76.2OUNCES? omg that's fantastic, super jealous! congrats on the find of a lifetime! BANNER BANNER BANNER!!:wav:

wait, im stupid, I watched the video, almost 4 ounces, either way AMAZING!!

76.2 oz would've bought the new house!

Last edited:

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Happy Birthday, I think you might have Caused the Next California Gold Rush With That Honker!!!! WTG Chug Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm Banner Yep here is our vote!!! :thumbsup::occasion14:

When you rotate the Picture this way it looks like a Bears head with it mouth open

vpg8sg.jpg

Last edited:

triton

Tenderfoot
Mar 8, 2013
Belpre,Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites M6 and a vintage (1974) Whites Goldmaster still works.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This has my Banner Vote for sure! That's an unbelievable find! Congrats

topdogintampa

Apr 19, 2014
Tampa Bay
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Teknetics Gamma 6000, Treasure Com TC3X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow! Nice hunk of gold there! Congrats, Happy B'day and you certainly get my banner vote!

T

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dude! What a hunk of gold! You got my vote as well. Do you guys not run into the rattlesnakes hunting at night? Great life time find!

OP
OP
49r Relics

49r Relics

Jan 11, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dude! What a hunk of gold! You got my vote as well. Do you guys not run into the rattlesnakes hunting at night? Great life time find!

We actually do run into rattlesnakes almost every night out. We wear snake boots but that rattle still scares the crap out of me everytime one goes off. With the headphones on one ear, I can never tell where they are until I take the headphones off. Being very careful before we kneel down.

Thanks again to everyone for all the kind comments and birthday wishes!

terpfan

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Maryland/ NC
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man oh Man oh Man oh Man! I couldn't be happier for you, congratulations. Banner.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Happy Birthday and congrats, congrats, congrats on an awesome find! That things is huge and has good eye appeal which a collector wants if you decide to sell it. That calculates to 3.81 Troy ounces, correct? The collector value of such a large natural Gold Nugget is so much more than the intrinsic value of the Gold that it contains. Man, of the Nugget is 22k or very close to it, then in Gold value alone, you are talking around $4,635 but a Nugget that size would surely fetch close to or above $10,000 in the right market or to the right collector. Banner vote going in and thanks for sharing!

Frank

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in Shock 49r_ :o I loved the way you dropped it like a Hot Potato on sight :tongue3:
I'm sure I would have reacted the same :headbang:

I rarely Vote Banner

BANNER :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread