🥇 BANNER Incredible Gold Nugget found when detecting

49r Relics

Jan 11, 2008
Gold Country (California)
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett AT Pro, Makro Racer 2, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Detector Pro Grey Ghost headphones, Lesche diggers, Apex picks.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The find of a lifetime for me and on my birthday to boot. Me and Ron Swenson Ron(CA) were out detecting an old site where I have found quite a few small nuggets a couple years ago and this was a huge surprise as I never expected gold to come in as a high conductor. This sounded and ID'd just like a silver coin would. I am lucky that I live in such a great place to detect, here in California's gold country. Every once in a while one of us comes across a big nugget like this while out detecting. The 49'rs didn't have detectors and where they didn't dig, there is still the possibility of coming across one of these :thumbsup:

This live dig was caught on video . . . .

I know we say "Dude" alot but, Dude, we're from California!!

Thanks for looking!! Best birthday ever :-D

EDIT: 07-07-2014 - Several have asked me if this nugget is for sale, I am looking at all offers. Thanks!!

vpg8sg.jpg

iz6mp3.jpg

vgs8k7.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 98

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Gold Country - California
Detector(s) used
-Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The find of a lifetime for me and on my birthday to boot. Me and Ron Swenson Ron(CA) were out detecting an old site where I have found quite a few small nuggets a couple years ago and this was a huge surprise as I never expected gold to come in as a high conductor. This sounded and ID'd just like a silver coin would. I am lucky that I live in such a great place to detect, here in California's gold country. Every once in a while one of us comes across a big nugget like this while out detecting. The 49'rs didn't have detectors and where they didn't dig, there is still the possibility of coming across one of these :thumbsup: This live dig was caught on video . . . . I know we say "Dude" alot but, Dude, we're from California!! Thanks for looking!! Best birthday ever :-D YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmGnmFUwq6k

Amazing find!

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dude!! You deserve it!!8-)
I hope you are returning to the scene of the crime......Post haste!!
GOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLDDDDDDDD!!!!!!:headbang:

Last edited:

staydetuned

Aug 27, 2007
San Francisco, California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II
Simply incredible find man - so excited to finally hear all about it today. And I thought Ron's 1 oz+er was good! Haha... Man that video is so fun to watch (love the sound of that thing on the Lesche!).

You guys deserve everything you get out there, and you definitely deserve that one Mark. This could be the biggest, but I don't think it'll be the last nugget you pull out. Major congratulations, and a well deserved banner.

What are you gonna call it? The T-Bone? :D

Alright, gonna go watch the video again :)

Jayson

Last edited:

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
After this find, we need to refrain from posting our 10 and 14K rings on here, lol.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This one got voted up quick. Looks great up there but better at home I bet! :thumbsup:

gold2me

Feb 12, 2013
Guys, your video was so well done, enjoyed the professionalism immensely! But the excitement of that huge nugget popping out of the ground was such an awesome sight. It was stunning! Bet there was no sleep for a few days. Congrats! So hapoy for you:-)

mariposagold

Bronze Member
May 1, 2012
Mariposa, California. USA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, Classic SL, Bullseye II Probe, Garrett Groundhog.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is freaking Phenomenal. Being in Gold Country as well, I sure hope my day is coming.

HH
MariposaGold.

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Ghost Amphibian Headphones
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
JESUS H CHRIST!!!! :thumbsup:

Simply superb!!!:occasion14:

Words cant say how I feel watching that, so God only knows how you guys felt!!

Well done and CONGRATULATIONS!!!:notworthy:

RelicMedic

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab pro find 35

Minelab Equinox 600

Minelab Excalibur II

Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet mother of Gold!!!!! That Is one of the most incredible finds I have ever seen. Congratulations to you and so glad that you got such an amazing birthday present. Mother Earth always seems to give the best gifts! I sent the link to your video to every amateur gold prospector I know, to keep them motivated :) Looks stellar up on the banner...well deserved!!

70monte68

Aug 8, 2010
PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T2 SE
TEKNETICS T2 SE (back up)
MINELAB EXCALIBUR 2,
WHITES MX SPORT
Awesome find!!! I love your reaction!!!

okerraine

Mar 24, 2009
Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
XP Deus Teknetics T2 Minelab equinox 800 CTX Firty Firty
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My 22k gold ring comes up as 76 vdi on my T2. Right in the zinc penny range. Way to go on a find of a lifetime!

OP
OP
49r Relics

49r Relics

Jan 11, 2008
Gold Country (California)
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett AT Pro, Makro Racer 2, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Detector Pro Grey Ghost headphones, Lesche diggers, Apex picks.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats!!!! Great find. Send us the GPS coordinates:)

Even if I did, can you ever really trust what a gold miner tells you about a location? Lol, some of the stories I hear living here in gold country.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even if I did, can you ever really trust what a gold miner tells you about a location? Lol, some of the stories I hear living here in gold country.

even if you did, can lightening like that ever strike twice ? :tongue3:
I'd bet against it :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread