Dejavu its a "On-Top of the ground Coin-Spill" / "Penny Tri-fecta" !!!

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dejavu its a "On-Top of the ground Coin-Spill" / "Penny Tri-fecta" !!!

In some of my latest reply post I had mentioned that you never know what will turn up next!! Dejavu time its that day! I was detecting around the front of a building around some divider post with welded pipe rails. Detector locates a penny signal used my propointer to find a 1975 Canadian penny on top of the ground, there was enough grass the coin was invisible. Sweep my search coil again and still more penny signal moved some grass and then found another penny on top of the soil and its a 1958 wheat penny and start getting a bit excited wondering whats going on? Sweep my coil again over the spot and now oh-no there is still more signal! Hmm its a bit lower a 38 conductive wise then on checking pinpoint its shallow also and moved the grass around and what ?? Its another coin on top of the ground and its a freaking IHP my first this year a 1905 and then it hits me! That OMG moment of realizing I just gotten my first ever "On-Top of the ground Coin-Spill" / "Penny Tri-fecta" !!! I was fueled up for the rest of the whole hunt !!

8_15_2014 coinspill trifecta pennies front.jpg 8_15_2014 coinspill trifecta pennies obv.jpg

They say its the little things that matter !! Well for Detectorist its usually the cents LOL , being the most commonly found coin, some kid must have been carrying their collection around and done some tricks on the pole fence or they just had some coins they needed to spend maybe, who will ever know? Its too bad that these coins cannot talk !!

Here is an interesting piece of foil that was found. Maybe it is an old suntanning oil label or not so old. Anyone know?

8_15_2014 tanning oil maybe.jpg

Here are the rest of todays finds:

8_15_2014 finds minus trifecta n foil label.jpg

Note the interesting pull-tab with the $$$ wonder if that contest is expired and how much money was lost by tossing this tab out??? Middle right got a small key looks a bit old with that Lion on it. And below that there is a super strong hair snap, wonder if they make them like that still? Over that are some wheats one is covered with paving so need to buy some brake cleaner to see date. Other two are 1941 and 1957. Getting sixteen quarters seems pretty good for out here, this area tends to be poor but today it was nice getting that many !!

Thanks for stopping by and hope you have a great hunt tomorrow, because you never really know what will turn up next !!

Last edited:
Upvote 12

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Ahab8 ! I think you are right ! Congrats on your Banner too ! Never will get any coins as fantastic those here but who knows finding a relatively new gold coin could still be a possibility, just have to get my coil over that right spot of soil to master the impossibility !!
That's right my friend. There is great stuff everywhere. Maybe not as old but you just never know. Thank you for the congrats buddy

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice finds. Congrats on the trifecta! GL&HH.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread