Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got back to the sports field that produced all the quarters last time, just these finds today and a homeless guy who decided to talk to me about his life, so I sat down and listened. I can't detect when people are talking to me, I really wanted to but sometimes people just need to be heard. At the end of the conversation I told him I would pray for him. So hopefully my "gold" is walking around feeling better about things now, I pray.

I am still Internet-less and free WiFi maybe my sole provider for a while, other than that All is well.

You all who are making nice finds keep finding, for some weird reason it makes me feel better!
image.jpg . :dontknow:

Upvote 25

nscrcr8z

Jun 4, 2011
cullman al
Detector(s) used
v3i/ xl 6000 pro/AT pro, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The karma will come back to you ms beep
Good for you to lend an ear
Never know ..... I'm sure you brightened his day! !
The gold will be waiting

unfound

Apr 15, 2014
Western Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 350,
BH Tracker IV,
Garret Pro Pointer,
Lesche Sampson Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice of you, most won't take the time. Once you hit gold I hope it likes a fountain.

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Msbeepbeep , I too remember going to a nearby Dunkin Donuts to access their free wi fi for some months when I lived in Santa Fe .
It was winter so I couldn't get out detecting - and just being able to get on T-net , helped me feel like I was part of something .
Good on you for giving this homeless guy a chance to tell his story -

deepseeker3

Feb 6, 2010
Green Bay, WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have to chime in on this one. Two years ago I had cancer, and while I was in bed in the hospital for 10 days while they tried to figure out what was wrong, T-Net was my escape, and connection to "other things". I read every post, every day.

I always meant to say thanks for the time taken by all to post here, and note the difference it made for me during a tough time in my life.

BTW, just had my 2 year check up and all is good. Two years is a major check point for Non Hodgkins Lymphoma.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Bless you sweet Karen,your reward was what that make took from you sitting down to just listen to him.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wether you realized it at the time or not you literally may have just saved someone's life! Lots of people are hanging by a thread and are feeling hopeless. Sometimes all a person needs is for one person to genuinely care enough to sit down and let them talk. Everybody is in such a rush these days and we've lost a lot of the human element that was more prevalent in years past. That guy found his treasure when you gave him the time of day and acted like we all should.
I'm glad you shared this with the rest of us. Sometimes we all need a reminder of what it means to be a compassionate human being.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
yes, it only takes a little time of your day and someone else's may be brightened up. I don't know why but I seem to be a magnet for people to come up to and unload all of their problems on, most of the time the best thing is to just listen like you did. for most people it only takes a simple smile, words of encouragement, a compliment to make their day a whole lot nicer. especially that cashier that just got chewed out for nothing by a customer who got up on the wrong side of the bed, we have the power to uplift and encourage when and if the opportunity presents itself.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your day is coming , MsBB and it will be a good one!

dokc

Oct 24, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your lucky - I keep getting the early 20something guys who ask me if I'm married - they want some sugar momma to pay the bills!

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to chime in on this one. Two years ago I had cancer, and while I was in bed in the hospital for 10 days while they tried to figure out what was wrong, T-Net was my escape, and connection to "other things". I read every post, every day. I always meant to say thanks for the time taken by all to post here, and note the difference it made for me during a tough time in my life. BTW, just had my 2 year check up and all is good. Two years is a major check point for Non Hodgkins Lymphoma.
Deep seeker thank you for sharing your story and I'm so happy to hear that you're doing well. I see the petty fighting on this forum sometimes and get discouraged then comes along a great post like this and it reaffirms how great this site is, Abe

plugcutter84

Oct 6, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Fisher 1265x
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your haul! But more importantly, thank you for being a stand-up human being! Sometimes a conversation is more important than a little spare change.
I recently bought a hand carved fish from a homeless guy who was carving it out of salvaged wood in front of a 7-11. I usually don't give handouts to pan-handlers... They're on just about every corner in the county I live in. I feel for their situation but you can't help everyone. I feel a lot better about giving someone $20 for something they actually earned. I proudly display my hand-carved fish on the wall in my family room! Sorry to ramble... Congrats again and HH!

OP
OP
M

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you guys/gals for all the comments. I appreciate the time taken out of your day to do so.
I think I was giving the homeless guy a little of what I find on T Net. Being the only MD'er in my family this is the place I find complete understanding when I get excited over a piece of dirty metal that the others think is trash, but the people here think other wise! Yep the gold is not always round and gleaming!

Deepseeker3- Best news I've heard so far, congratulations on your two year mark, may you have continued good health.

Dokc- just put in a set of those fake teeth with the missing one in front and hold out your dirty clad change , then wink at them and ask if they like squirrel stew! You won't believe how quickly they sprint away from you!

I see another BANNER find was made! Awesome! I will be Internet -less a while longer so you guys have plenty of time to get those BANNER finds in there! I will have a lot of catch viewing up to do on T Net finds!

GL and HH to everyone!

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
MsBeep, your kindness with most certainly be repaid. I believe every kind deed deserves and will receive a reward. Best wishes.

Deepseeker, that's wonderful news!

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for making all of us feel a little bit better.

jharboldt

Nov 15, 2013
Im glad to see another understanding person is helping. Where I go detect, is somewhat scary occasionally. Ive called an ambulance for a semi ODd guy, and found numerous homeless people sleeping at old closed schools. Just talking with them cheers them up, and I usually give them all my clad. One older guy offered to dig all my holes, so I let him...he got to keep all the clad, and we actually had a fun time BSing for a few hours. You never know what life will throw you....so be thankful for what you have.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread