Silver Washington, two silver Rosies, silver religious medalian, back at the lake

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up the skiff from the mechanic yesterday, finally got to take her out after lunch on her maiden voyage on the "lake" I have been eyeballing a island thinking it would be virgin. Found a 1957 D Washington Quarter, 1952 D Rosie along with a 1946 Rosie. A silver and a brass catholic religious medallions. Couple of wheats, 1951 and a 1935 and a old 1939 Jefferson Nickel. My skin is like leather, I'm a tan man! The boat ran great, the spot was good, nice relaxing day in the water, I love this water hunting.
Enjoy the pix, HH & GL
Brad

Attachments

• SAM_0752.JPG
    SAM_0752.JPG
    599.6 KB · Views: 180
  • SAM_0753.JPG
    SAM_0753.JPG
    568.7 KB · Views: 167
  • SAM_0754.JPG
    SAM_0754.JPG
    537.2 KB · Views: 186
Upvote 12

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt! Some really nice silver you scored! Congrats!

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice haul Captain Treb. Congrats on the silvers.

I want to see a pic of the 'treasure skiff'... it would be even cooler if you were in it with one of those captain's hats...

Sorry can't have pix of me on the internet,I can't have boat numbers on either. The IRS would be claiming there share, bastids!

Ronson

Jul 17, 2014
Dallas, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You babies we hunt in Maine when it's -20! Pick axes and shovels. It turns 50 and you guys are hibernating for the winter lol

You fellas are nuts! Come on down to Texas and spend a few hours digging in 110 with no breeze and no shade, warm up a bit! ;)

(I'm fascinated by these little ex-occupied islands y'all have up there... really cool.)

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently dug up some info on an island that had occupation in 1608 and a fair sized fishing settlement in 1614. Just how rugged is this treasure trauler? Can it handle the rocky and rough maine ocean?
I guess it can take it? It's fiberglass, I'd hate to think what would happen at high speed! Lol ha Years back I took off work for two weeks and My son (he was nine,2003) and I brought up a 16 ft aluminum jon boat. We bee bopped all over the rocky coast, it was scary thinking of the motor/skeg/prop hitting, more than the boat. Just have to creep around until ya learn the waters just to be safe and keep damage to a minimum. There is only one way to find out how tuff it really is, I'll head up after I get back from Outer Banks/ Ocracoke!

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You fellas are nuts! Come on down to Texas and spend a few hours digging in 110 with no breeze and no shade, warm up a bit! ;) (I'm fascinated by these little ex-occupied islands y'all have up there... really cool.)
I might be in trouble at 110 :-). I'm a contractor and the show must go on so you just deal with it. Some can handle it and some just aren't cut out for it. I guess my body is trained to deal with the cold. But it really sucks lol
These islands had very early occupation for 3 reasons. Most of these settlers fished to get by. The islands were the first land they came to. And maybe the biggest reason was that it kept them away from the native hostilities. There's evidence on islands in Maine of temporary fishing settlement in the 1500s.

Last edited:

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess it can take it? It's fiberglass, I'd hate to think what would happen at high speed! Lol ha Years back I took off work for two weeks and My son (he was nine,2003) and I brought up a 16 ft aluminum jon boat. We bee bopped all over the rocky coast, it was scary thinking of the motor/skeg/prop hitting, more than the boat. Just have to creep around until ya learn the waters just to be safe and keep damage to a minimum. There is only one way to find out how tuff it really is, I'll head up after I get back from Outer Banks/ Ocracoke!
Oh we will be fine! Like you said it's all about going easy. I love being in the water. I've been looking at buying a boat. A big boat :-)

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spend some of that treasure and buy yourself a decent quality wet suit. Fantastic finds by the way. Now you have me wondering about some islands on my local lakes.
There is always next summer, I can't afford that much wet suit material, lol ha.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The coldest I have worked outside was -33F with the wind chill. It was so cold, I'd catch myself thinking " now what was I doing?" Lol. I was a member of Local 344 Plumbers & Pipefitters out of Oklahoma City at that time. 2 electricians and I were the only ones that showed up on the job site that morning. The general's foreman said you guys are crazy and I am shutting you down at lunch. 4 hours was long enough for me, lol.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The coldest I have worked outside was -33F with the wind chill. It was so cold, I'd catch myself thinking " now what was I doing?" Lol. I was a member of Local 344 Plumbers & Pipefitters out of Oklahoma City at that time. 2 electricians and I were the only ones that showed up on the job site that morning. The general's foreman said you guys are crazy and I am shutting you down at lunch. 4 hours was long enough for me, lol.
Yes those days are no fun at all. The coldest for me was up in northern Maine. I got the extension cords out and when I tried to unroll them the literally just snapped. The casings shatters like ice

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Houston, Galveston, Padre Island.....Texas has it's share of humidity as does every state along the Gulf.

Ronson

Jul 17, 2014
Dallas, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Houston, Galveston, Padre Island.....Texas has it's share of humidity as does every state along the Gulf.

Ain't that the truth. Tho' I admit I usually don't think of South Padre as humid, only because I'm usually in the water, and the Gulf be chilly!

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes those days are no fun at all. The coldest for me was up in northern Maine. I got the extension cords out and when I tried to unroll them the literally just snapped. The casings shatters like ice

The coolest day for me was when we were working on trump Taj mahaj in ac, when I got out of the truck my Spanish silver broke in half, then I had to walk uphill in the snow to find both halfs

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We all know roofers are in the Bahamas when it snows!

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The coolest day for me was when we were working on trump Taj mahaj in ac, when I got out of the truck my Spanish silver broke in half, then I had to walk uphill in the snow to find both halfs
Hey I'm the only one with broken Spanish silver... Want me to post it for you lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread