Hendo0601

Jul 30, 2014
California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yesterday was another successful hunt with fellow member Timmune. We went back to the same place we hunted last week but hit a different area. Right off the bat Tim found his first ever ring, but it wasn't silver or gold. The silver eluded both of us the whole day, but it was still a good day. I ended up with just shy of 4 bucks in clad (oldest coin was a 1959 memorial penny which is cool because its the first year), a broken pair of ancient scissors, a shiny fishing lure that I found underwater, a piece of an old clock, a destroyed 5.56mm shell casing (headstamp says it C J 4 which is some Chinese ammo company), a rather interesting unfired .22 Short round with an H headstamp and most of the lead eroded away, and a fired lead slug that I think is mighty old because of how white it is. It appears to have some rings around the base but that could just be deformation from hitting whatever it hit. The base of the round measures just over 3/8 of an inch so .40? .44? The area we were hunting only dates back to the late 19th century, and I finally think we are getting into the older parts because of the age of the relics we are pulling out of the ground. We both dug TONS of big junk iron. If anyone can help determine the age of the .22 short round or help with the fired bullet that would be really cool. Thanks for looking!! aug18a.jpg aug18e.jpg aug18b.jpg aug18c.jpg aug18d.jpg

Upvote 3

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread