Upvote 76

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent finds, I especially like the token, condition wise for a grounder could not be much better. Your Bust Half is not the Large Letter variety, looking at the spacing of the last letter in AMERICA, the A would have to be much closer to the Arrow than what yours is. Trouble is there are 23 different varieties for the 1830 and wish I had a book for IDing, looking at photos on another website is tedious. Can you read what the edge lettering reads - exactly? Don

OP
OP
sscindercoop

sscindercoop

Silver Member
Apr 14, 2009
Central New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent finds, I especially like the token, condition wise for a grounder could not be much better. Your Bust Half is not the Large Letter variety, looking at the spacing of the last letter in AMERICA, the A would have to be much closer to the Arrow than what yours is. Trouble is there are 23 different varieties for the 1830 and wish I had a book for IDing, looking at photos on another website is tedious. Can you read what the edge lettering reads - exactly? Don
Thanks Don, I know its not the large letter variety but it is the big O. I haven't tried to id exact variety because I dont have the overton book and coin facts only lists one variety as scarce and has no pics of the other varieties. lettering says 50 cents or half a dollar

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Don, I know its not the large letter variety but it is the big O. I haven't tried to id exact variety because I dont have the overton book and coin facts only lists one variety as scarce and has no pics of the other varieties. lettering says 50 cents or half a dollar

Here is the website I use for trying to ID the Bust Coinage, it would be easier for you, since you can have the coin in hand to compare with the site's pictures... Russ Logan's Collection

OP
OP
sscindercoop

sscindercoop

Silver Member
Apr 14, 2009
Central New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure why nobody has mentioned the banner for this coin but I'm putting my vote in. Congrats on a beautiful early American silver coin.
Thanks, yeah thought it would be up top already:dontknow: How many old U.S. silvers ya see in this condition. HH coop

OP
OP
sscindercoop

sscindercoop

Silver Member
Apr 14, 2009
Central New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
'coop its good to see that yer still out there making killer finds, congrats...:notworthy: you seem to fall off the map now and then but when you come back you blow the roof off the joint.
Thanks, I dig all the time still, just dont post as much, here are my finds from the hunt a day or 2 before the bust half minus a few Indians. wit da barber.jpg

OP
OP
sscindercoop

sscindercoop

Silver Member
Apr 14, 2009
Central New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That bust half is incredible! Didn't you did another bust half a while back? The store card is superb too, you never see them in such nice shape. In fact, everything you dug there is really nice.
Thanks, My other Bust half is an AU 1803. HH coop

RJ55

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2014
western NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Originally Posted by RJ55
Great looking finds, just wondering if you would share your cleaning methods?
Thanks, I used a brass brush on the token. HH coop
Thanks for the info. Never found anything as nice as most on here, but when I do I don't want to screw it up.

MUDSLINGER

Apr 4, 2014
Bourbon IN.
Detector(s) used
ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow my favorite american coin and it is in stunning condition. I have very slim chance of finding that coin here in florida but stranger things have happened; anyway super find and congrats. Banner vote on condition

scott9050

Apr 8, 2013
Martinsburg, WV
Detector(s) used
White's VX3, Teknetics Omega 8500
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Voted banner. I know the coin itself is not rare, but who pulls them out looking like that?

Last edited:

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
An absolutely gorgeous find! It definitely appears to be an AU-50 but could go AU-55. Congrats on it and the other finds! My Banner vote was submitted.

Frank

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that is a killer coin !