Trifecta today silver, gold and a great old relic

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was hunting a couple places today and was finding the normal clad and tabs. I get a nice faint high tone and dig and out comes the 47 Rosie then a few feet away I get another repeatable pull tab but a bit higher VDI and found this Masonic cuff pin and yes it's gold just have to get magnifying glass out to read makers mark. Any info on Masonic pin would be great. I left that area and went to an old farm site where I was finding old brass fittings and horse tack. Was ready to pack it in and got a faint repeatable tone and decided to dig and out came this awesome sycamore fire dept. badge. This is the fire dept that covers my area and is closest town to my house. image-1069038806.jpg image-1875599889.jpg image-2551964546.jpg image-3276771814.jpg image-3299863771.jpg image-3330689177.jpg image-2883254298.jpg image-2504073424.jpg I imagine it's a hat or helmet badge. I need to do research to figure out timeframe but as deep as it was it is most likely old. Everything I found at this old site in past has been 1800's and early 1900's. I believe this badge is going to be one of my top favorite finds. Thanks for looking everyone and good luck.

Last edited:
Upvote 9

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nice finds! The gold Masonic pin is probably the most valuable of those 3. HH!

OP
OP
Kodiak43351

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds! The gold Masonic pin is probably the most valuable of those 3. HH!
yea that masonic pin is cool also. I can't got it unscrewed by hand and can see the k mark on the pin itself so not sore if it's 10k or 14k. I really like that badge though and finding another silver for the year makes me happy. The dime isn't anything special but it is in great shape. The dime was in a spot that I have been over but can't say for sure if I passed my coil over it because it gave a good signal that I would dig anytime. It did rain a lot the nite before so that may of helped hear it better.

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Very productive day! :headbang: Fire badge is my fave, especially the type of lettering in the word "FIRE". :icon_thumright: Hope you find more in these good spots! Andi

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs and thanks for those pictures

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very cool stuff there Kodiak !! Congrats

OP
OP
Kodiak43351

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone I was able to unscrew Masonic pin and has some weird writing and symbols on inside of screw back. I can also make out a 1 but not other number then k so it's gold for sure. I think I'm going to clean that badge I think it's made out of nickel so apple cider viniger and a dab of peroxide and let soak for a while or do you think I should leave it alone.

OP
OP
Kodiak43351

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I displayed my favorite finds from some categories ( coins, jewelry, buttons, tokens, badges and relics) at the fair this past week and was only allowed so many items so I picked a few so it wouldn't get disqualified. I ended up with a first place ribbon. The best part of it all was when the fair was ending Sunday I got the fire dept badge out of the case and walked to the county fire depts building on fairgrounds and found the sycamore fire dept chief and donated the badge. They were really excited and from their records and research I have done the badge dates to late 1800s. They are going to send it off to be professionally cleaned and display at their fire dept. I was so happy to give to them and it made me proud to retrieve a piece of history from our area. Thanks for looking.

image-659192378.jpg

image-1604843133.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread