Shoe Buckle, Knee Buckle, KG, Fort/Meetinghouse found

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just wrapped up my first year of detecting and got all of my finds together, photographed them, separated them into categories and moved em into my office. Ready to start a new collection of discoveries. I've been researching an early 1700s fort and meetinghouse that were very close together. After being confident that I had a pretty good idea of the location I packed up my stuff and headed out early this morning(in my ladies car)not in my Tahoe because I just blew the transmission :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead: ok that's how I feel about that. What's another few grand :BangHead::BangHead: Anyway I got to this site after a short walk from a country road and walked down towards a river. It's a gorgeous place. Fired up my machine and my first signal was a low number and out popped a pewter button. Then a roundball. After a bit I walked toward the top of a hill and got a nice 80s signal. Out popped a shoe buckle, one of my favorite things to find. Then I had a strange signal and pulled out something that was obviously brass or copper with some iron on it. It turned out to be what i believe is my first knee buckle. The pics do it no justice as it's really nice looking. Few minutes later I dug an old copper, toasted kg. So all in all feeling pretty good about this place. Found all this In just a few hours. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 19

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your first year was a Great one.

That Big Buckle look's Awesome.

IMO Def, more nice Relics to come from that site.

Davers

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You've been really killing it lately Ahab. I always look forward to your posts. Keep it up. I like the ornate design on that buckle. :thumbsup:

matt092079

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2011
Charles Town, WV
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 with 11" DD coil, Garrett Ace 250 with 9x12 coil, Garrett Pro-Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome! Love that buckle man!

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all! This site has some great promise. I went to a new job site today and about s *+% my pants when I realized where I was. This particular house was built in the 1740s by a family that I've done a lot of research on. The guy that owns it now is a descendant of a former US president and has done an amazing job keeping the property as original as possible. The original well is in the field and the original blacksmith house still stands. After going on about all of the history that I knew of that place I think he was a but surprised. I filled in some blanks for him even. He has copies or original deeds and owns 148 acres there. The original farm field is still a big field and he told me there's another 18 the century home site on his property. And this guy has got permission for the ahold deal. I am beyond excited. This properties footprint is all over the original history of this historic town. I so hope I find some great old stuff and I will be making this nice man a hell of a custom display for his beautiful old home

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all! This site has some great promise. I went to a new job site today and about s *+% my pants when I realized where I was. This particular house was built in the 1740s by a family that I've done a lot of research on. The guy that owns it now is a descendant of a former US president and has done an amazing job keeping the property as original as possible. The original well is in the field and the original blacksmith house still stands. After going on about all of the history that I knew of that place I think he was a but surprised. I filled in some blanks for him even. He has copies or original deeds and owns 148 acres there. The original farm field is still a big field and he told me there's another 18 the century home site on his property. And this guy has got permission for the ahold deal. I am beyond excited. This properties footprint is all over the original history of this historic town. I so hope I find some great old stuff and I will be making this nice man a hell of a custom display for his beautiful old home

That's the way to look at it's value, is nothing, but the history is priceless. Good luck to you. Those that rob, pay heed.

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's the way to look at it's value, is nothing, but the history is priceless. Good luck to you. Those that rob, pay heed.
Cru thank you for the help on the buckle id. I have that buckle reference and those certainly match pretty well. Always appreciate help on the id's and love learning what I have

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Silver Tree Chaser

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent Finds. That's one heck of a nice decorative knee buckle to start with as your very first such find. Congrats!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent Finds. That's one heck of a nice decorative knee buckle to start with as your very first such find. Congrats!

:icon_scratch::laughing7: Maybe you skipped the reading bit, whereby it was IDed as a Hat Buckle.:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread