Shoe Buckle, Knee Buckle, KG, Fort/Meetinghouse found

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just wrapped up my first year of detecting and got all of my finds together, photographed them, separated them into categories and moved em into my office. Ready to start a new collection of discoveries. I've been researching an early 1700s fort and meetinghouse that were very close together. After being confident that I had a pretty good idea of the location I packed up my stuff and headed out early this morning(in my ladies car)not in my Tahoe because I just blew the transmission :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead: ok that's how I feel about that. What's another few grand :BangHead::BangHead: Anyway I got to this site after a short walk from a country road and walked down towards a river. It's a gorgeous place. Fired up my machine and my first signal was a low number and out popped a pewter button. Then a roundball. After a bit I walked toward the top of a hill and got a nice 80s signal. Out popped a shoe buckle, one of my favorite things to find. Then I had a strange signal and pulled out something that was obviously brass or copper with some iron on it. It turned out to be what i believe is my first knee buckle. The pics do it no justice as it's really nice looking. Few minutes later I dug an old copper, toasted kg. So all in all feeling pretty good about this place. Found all this In just a few hours. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 19

RelicMedic

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab pro find 35

Minelab Equinox 600

Minelab Excalibur II

Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Lovin' that shoe buckle!! Great digz and an awesome site.

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What you doing home so early ?
A couple of great finds. The shoe B is very nice complete, and un damaged in any way, I'm still needing one of those. My first knee B still had a gob of rusty stuff left in it too.

I cropped your pic of it so it looks bigger.

Attachments

• Ahab-knee-B.jpg
    Ahab-knee-B.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 117

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That buckle is in excellent shape for a dug one! Nice! Too bad the coin didn't fair as well.
You found yourself a terrific spot to detect, congrats those are nice find indeed!
I like the little odd item that looks kinda like a door stop/clothes hook.
Something tells me your going to be pulling up a lot of nice finds there! Awesome place !

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds, those shoe buckles and those blobs.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From the top of my head, as per norm, I don't think thats a knee buckle. Knee buckles are not normally that decorated or that big, just small & functional. It could be a small shoe buckle or even a hat buckle.

70monte68

Aug 8, 2010
PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T2 SE
TEKNETICS T2 SE (back up)
MINELAB EXCALIBUR 2,
WHITES MX SPORT
Love that shoe buckle! I just think they are so cool, just wish I could find a complete one. On another note, homework pays off! Enjoy the new site!!!

Greylock

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Western MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great score with those buckles. Always nice finding them complete.

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow Abe, some awesome relics there my friend. Looks to me like you are on another EARLY site my friend. Congrats.

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I really like that buckle!

Nice finds...sounds like a promising place!

-Happy Hunting!

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Abe...That early buckle is awsome find..And complete is rare. .
Nice research. .love me some meeting houses! !!
George

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gotta love them with the guts still intact.great finds!

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys! Amazingly I've found 3 complete shoe buckles and 3 or. 4 frames in just over a year. I'd love to know what the other buckle is. If it is a hat buckle as Cru suggested it may be that would be pretty neat. It's pretty fancy. I'm pretty excited about this spot as it's absolutely beautiful. The kind of place that's good for your soul.... Or your mind when you gotta spen a few grand on your damn truck :-)

collector01

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2008
snow hill, MD
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good research! Congrats in the nice buckles and the copper! Looks like another promising site. HH!

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro (2), Makro Racer 2, Garrett AT Pinpointer (2)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Beautiful buckles Ahab! BTW, my son in law is from Maine. Currently, he pastors in Canada, but his father lives near Houlton and runs a hunt camp. Him and all the boys are licensed bear guides.

screwynewy

May 10, 2011
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
Other
Great finds once again. Seems like you find a hot spot every time you go out. Can't help but be a little jealous :tongue3:

I wouldn't be surprise if the small buckle was not actually a shoe buckle. I'm no expert but I've researched them for a couple that i have found and they are alway oriented with the chape pivoting across the wide direction of the frame. Also, it really isn't that big as buckles go. Nice finds!

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds once again. Seems like you find a hot spot every time you go out. Can't help but be a little jealous :tongue3:

I wouldn't be surprise if the small buckle was not actually a shoe buckle. I'm no expert but I've researched them for a couple that i have found and they are alway oriented with the chape pivoting across the wide direction of the frame. Also, it really isn't that big as buckles go. Nice finds!

Ha I've seen your finds my friend. You're no slacker yourself. One thing I've learned is that if you really nail the research and put some thought into where a logical place for a building would be you can usually get yourself into a nice spot. Living near the ocean on the east coast in an area where few detect helps too. I think it may be a child's shoe buckle as you said. For some reason I'm a shoe buckle magnet

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
That is my kinda diggin man:headbang:

That shoe buckle is a beauty man it just seems different than most of them...I have been blessed with about 12 full complete ones so far and i have none that
look like that one..

That decor buckle is sweet i think it may be a hat buckle..
Thanks for the nectar..

~Blaze

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread