Crown, musket ball and Cannonball kind of day….

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like hunthicks post, we started off at a very early cellar hole with little to show for our efforts (in the woods) except for hunthicks butt plate…guess some people just didn't lose things… Started along the beach and hit a 1950's junk pile but the further up the beach we got away from the junk and started pulling out french musket balls then I pulled out this crown missing a piece of it…we were both convinced that it was gold the way it came out of the ground as the dark muddy beach leaves brass and copper finds shiny…this is made out of thin brass…any idea the era of this crown anyone? I then hit this low tone on the explorer and this cannonball thing (3rd pic) came out of the mud, but didn't make sense as they alway come in as high tones…It's made out of some type of metal but lighter than a cannonball… thought I wouldn't see a cannonball today, but just before dark I get that old high tone sound and can't believe this is my 4th one this year (4 pounder), no marking but you can see the seam mark…also managed 3 ringers and a Victorian Canada Militia button and the only coin for the day was slightly more than half a Geo II…thanks for looking…

Attachments

• crown.jpg
    crown.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 283
  • Canada.jpg
    Canada.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 282
  • cannonball%20look%20alike.jpg
    cannonball%20look%20alike.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 273
  • cannonball.jpg
    cannonball.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 306
  • group.jpg
    group.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 294
Last edited:
Upvote 12

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good day bud. As for the early cellar hole....I searched for this early 1600s cellar forever. Finally I located that sucker and was so excited I couldn't stand it lol. This thing is in the middle of nowhere and I was ready to kill it. I found ZERO! Absolutely nothing good. I was beyond dejected. You just can't expect anything. You did well after the disappointment. That crown is very interesting. That's a new one for me

OP
OP
The Patriot

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sure romeo will be posting one shortly

The iron war is showing a victor!
you sure aren't missing too many of those these days are ya?

good finds!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice results for the day.

Some cellar holes are just that a hole and nothing else.

OP
OP
The Patriot

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup just an old foundation with with nothing but a butt plate...It's funny as the farmer said no one detected, as I understand...it's so remote it would be hard to find...no indication of any one digging...expected a few buttons at least...will give it another try in the Spring..
Very nice results for the day.

Some cellar holes are just that a hole and nothing else.

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah it was that kind of day, coins and buttons were hard to come by. That little crown is pretty neat, and that canada militia button has been coming from all our sites around there it seems.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I know that the butt plate seems trivial to you and that you were hoping for a lot more of everything to find, but for someone like me, I would be excited (and a little disappointed). one does get high hopes for places only to be let down but then there are those places that totally surprise you. I really hope that you find a better one to hunt. but about your post for today, that would a totally awesome day for me, gotta love the history

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Great hunt - a little bit of everything! Nice job on the cannonball, but I'm really intrigued with that crown. Hopefully you can figure that one out.

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
True some folks just didn't loose much.

I think the crown is a collar pin, do believe I seen one before, it had some red cloth behind it ?

OP
OP
The Patriot

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Talking with IP, we don't think it's any older than Victorian....interesting but not enough..

Great hunt - a little bit of everything! Nice job on the cannonball, but I'm really intrigued with that crown. Hopefully you can figure that one out.

boracho

Sep 23, 2013
Nice finds! Any information on the back of the spoon? I recently found a spoon that looks the same.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread