First hunt of 2015 yields a merc and Washington quarter, and a new program!

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I finally had a chance to get out and start the 2015 season today. Smittyman came up from Charlotte and we did some driving around and door knocking. We got permission to hunt on a vacant lot that used to be a gravel parking lot many years ago. Now it is grass covered but when you get down an inch or so you hit the gravel.

The first silver, the mercury dime came just off the gravel area in beautiful Carolina red clay. Both Steve and I weren't sure it was silver at first as the dirt was really clinging to it. The Washington quarter was in the gravel lot and paid the price with lots of scratches. But I don't mind at all.

I hunted today using a new program given to me by Vino and although it will take some getting used to. Once I learn to swing slower and be more patient I believe my good finds will increase. So thank you Vino for sharing the program with me. Please don't tell Tom!!!

Had to get out today as we're about to be hit with a cold front for the next few days. Temps in the mid teens at night.

Thanks for looking and have fun hunting if you're still able to get out.

1-6.jpg
1-6a.jpg

Upvote 7
OP
OP
beez0404

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hope you were kidding everyone?
Because that was not the program i gave you..
You sure you were looking at the right program??
George

Oh Geez.............I did mess up (sorry you guys).....LOL I told you I am technologically challenged. I'm sure Tom or anyone else that wants the program would be better served getting it from you.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey, if those are the settings you used, you just created your own!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread