Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Saturday:
It rained in the morning, however, after lunch and a nap, the sun came out. It was 3:30, but I just could not resist. I slipped out to an old house site for a little swing. I went really slow and dug most decent sounding signals. I got a few bits of harmonica reed, then some wheaties, then I got a nice high tone, I dug a hole and one of the chunks of dirt had a little silver coin edge sticking out of it. A nice '44 Merc! An hour and a half well spent.

Sunday:
I convinced fellow TNetter, Bladerunner2019 to come down to hunt with us. He showed up promptly at 8:30, and we were off to a place some old apartments once stood. Several other TNetters were in attendance, JimDon, Todd Lipe and Beez0404. It was quite a site (sight). The highlight was Bladerunner found a silver Rosie with his new Deus! I was glad that he didn't drive here and find nothing, whew. Of course Tood Lipe did well, I will let him tell you about that. I found nothing, so, I left after 2:00 and headed home... however, I stopped at a little place on the way home, and scored a '43 Washington and a few wheaties. NICE.

Thanks for looking and good luck on your hunts!

Attachments

• IMG_20150124_165926_759-1.jpg
    IMG_20150124_165926_759-1.jpg
    644.9 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_20150124_180252_769-1.jpg
    IMG_20150124_180252_769-1.jpg
    371.6 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_20150125_172910_539-1.jpg
    IMG_20150125_172910_539-1.jpg
    667.4 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
Upvote 21

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are tough(according to Beez) and you are on fire. I'm jelly

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm jealous of your dig-a-bility, Tom! You guys from the Southland got it nice in the winter months. All we can do up here is keep drinking and putting logs on the fire. I should get my behind out to the coast and do some diving, but the Missus gives me a rash about it every time I mention it. She says I am getting too old to dive alone now. Oh well, but enough about me! Great finds and congratulations, buddy! :hello2:

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great job Tom. You letting Beez tell his story too?

OP
OP
Carolina Tom

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm jealous of your dig-a-bility, Tom! You guys from the Southland got it nice in the winter months. All we can do up here is keep drinking and putting logs on the fire. I should get my behind out to the coast and do some diving, but the Missus gives me a rash about it every time I mention it. She says I am getting too old to dive alone now. Oh well, but enough about me! Great finds and congratulations, buddy! :hello2:

Thanks Higgy. I was in a T-shirt yesterday afternoon! It was really nice. We will pay for this when the blistering summer heat & humidity return!

As for diving alone, just keep increasing your life insurance, at some point she will start encouraging you to solo dive!

OP
OP
Carolina Tom

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Great job Tom. You letting Beez tell his story too?

Thanks OD. I will let Beez tell you about his hunt. I don't want to spoil the surprise.
You better hunker down... I here the snow is headed your way!

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks OD. I will let Beez tell you about his hunt. I don't want to spoil the surprise.
You better hunker down... I here the snow is headed your way!

Snow isn't so bad right now Tom. Maybe it will insulate the ground a bit from the colder temps we're supposed to get.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You my friend are killing it early on. I hope this pace continues for you bud

BladeRunner2019

Dec 22, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wanted to give a big thanks to Tom for inviting me down to do some hunting. Many hunters are protective over their spots, but Tom has no issue sharing the wealth. It started slow for me as I only found a wheatie, a few Lincolns and clad dimes for the first couple hours. Beez wasn't far from me pulling clad and wheats like crazy. I was starting to get a little frustrated with the Deus when I got an average sounding signal and found a 63 Rosie in the plug. Beez said I reminded him of "Diggers" when I brought the plug over to show him, but I think he exaggerated a bit. :laughing7:

Thanks again to Tom and Beez for welcoming me and for also giving me some tips on the Deus. I need all the help I can get!

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You my friend are killing it early on. I hope this pace continues for you bud

My theory is that when summer hits us, he's going to be kickin' back in the shade and whining about how hot it is, just like us guys up here are whining about snow and cold right now! He'll be sipping a lemonade and we'll be beeping away like mad up here. :tongue3:

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Love the dirt shot too, sounds like you all had a great time, congrats all and thanks Tom for help and encourgement.. Jerry

OP
OP
Carolina Tom

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Wanted to give a big thanks to Tom for inviting me down to do some hunting. Many hunters are protective over their spots, but Tom has no issue sharing the wealth. It started slow for me as I only found a wheatie, a few Lincolns and clad dimes for the first couple hours. Beez wasn't far from me pulling clad and wheats like crazy. I was starting to get a little frustrated with the Deus when I got an average sounding signal and found a 63 Rosie in the plug. Beez said I reminded him of "Diggers" when I brought the plug over to show him, but I think he exaggerated a bit. :laughing7:

Thanks again to Tom and Beez for welcoming me and for also giving me some tips on the Deus. I need all the help I can get!

Thanks for the props BladeRunner. It was nice to get to meet you and do a little hunting. Some people are "protective" of their hunting spots, I will certainly agree with you on that point. I believe that if you share with people, they will "want" to reciprocate. Maybe I am naïve.

I was just glad that you found a silver coin... it made me happy to see you find one. Good show! See ya soon!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you for sharing! I never get enough of that silver rim peaking out of the dirt.

Metal Illness

Jul 1, 2011
Englewood, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats Tom, I love seeing those Silver edges in the clods!! Hell a few times I've got excited when the edge of my digger broke through a clump of dirt and fooled me............lol Great start to your year, we are snowed in here in SW Ohio, it might be awhile. Thanks for sharing!

ShovelNose

Apr 6, 2010
Little River S.C.
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Makro Racer 2, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took Smittyman to that spot 2 years ago and he has shown it to a least 5 more who have shared it with several more so sharing it is a understatement. Glad to see it still producing but you hope when you share a spot with someone they won't blast it on a loudspeaker Tom. By the way I have shared several spots with you Tom when you going to return the favor dude.

Last edited:

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I believe that if you share with people, they will "want" to reciprocate.

Only if its people who believe that paying it forward is a good thing, which I do with all my heart. You aren't naïve, Tom, just a classic example of a good guy.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice silvers and wheats! Congrats!
Sounds like you guys had a grand old time and made some great finds!

I appreciate your sharing the pics with us, we are looking at frozen ground and 3 feet of snow is going to be covering it tomorrow! At this point the only digging tool you can use is a back hoe! At Midnight only emergency vehicles only allowed on the roads......lock down! ......sigh, spring seems so far off!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread