Jewelry pieces for this January

yaxthri

Bronze Member
Nov 17, 2010
So I found last week two pendants, an owl and a "tsarouhi", the traditional greek pointed man's slipper with a tuft on the tip, in a box with rubbish, nails, screws etc in my late friends grandpa's workshop. His wife had told me to clear out and I did. I couldn't believe my eyes no one had noticed them before. So they are mine now!
The owl looks gold plated and has a 925 stamp on the back, the slipper has also 925 stamped but there's a mark I can't make out and 268 or Z68 also there. Does anyone know what this means?

january finds2.jpg january finds1.jpg

And then yesterday I found a buckle-shaped silver piece (or maybe is it supposed to be the greek "theta" also stamped 925 on the back and possibly a maker's mark I can't make out. "ONAR" is stamped on the front, this means "dream" in ancient greek! It was lying next to a planted tree's roots in the dirt on the town's square.
And after that I found a hinged earring on the street. It has three small stones, and is also stamped 925. But there's also a small "n.60" and another symbol (R?) before that. Does this have anything to do with the stones' quality?

I think jewelrywise I did well for this month (some days are still left but I would be too lucky to find something more), especially since all are eyeball finds :-)

Last edited:
Upvote 5

Darrow

Jul 22, 2014
Sherman, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 550, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wtg on your finds, they are interesting little pieces.

thommo59

Mar 6, 2014
Australia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Garrett AT PRO
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're the pendant king

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like they say in baseball, "good eye"!

OP
OP
yaxthri

yaxthri

Bronze Member
Nov 17, 2010
Thanks all.
Like I thought, I have not found any other goodies yet... But still, 3 days to try :-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions