Getting to know my new MXT in the backyard

cuddles17981

Oct 3, 2005
Schuylkill County,PA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Garrett 250, Bounty Hunter
Picking up everything the bounty hunter (pioneer 202) left behind,I got to know my new MXT today.. Here are a few of the finds.. Not alot to write home about but its something for me to talk about..lol I don't remember posting a single metal detector find on here..Just bottles.. I mean, I found change with the bounty, but it was to far and few in between.. :-\ needless to say im excited.. Thanks for looking 8)

Attachments

• 042307.JPG
    042307.JPG
    137.8 KB · Views: 463
  • davesyardnew.JPG
    davesyardnew.JPG
    133.5 KB · Views: 478
  • davesyard.JPG
    davesyard.JPG
    138.3 KB · Views: 472
Upvote 0
OP
OP
cuddles17981

cuddles17981

Oct 3, 2005
Schuylkill County,PA
Detector(s) used
fd3615 said:
very cool.. amazing what a new swt of wheels will do for you huh.. how do you like the mxt? so far
:) ;D Its Great,I love it..a little heavy,but like the hubby said,by the end of Spring from swinging the thing, I'll develope "arms" lol.. :D ::) hah he's too funny..

G

garbage digger

I'm glad you're able to enjoy the hobby much more now. My first detector was one of the first crappy Bounty Hunters and I didn't find much with it either. Luckily for me a friend of mine had a nicer detector for me to use and I was able to see that Metal Detectors really do work :D If it wasn't for him I probably would have left the hobby years ago. It's for that reason I preach so much to new comers about buying quality machines.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MXT ! Cool !

you got some nice finds there too.

Cars & tokens are always good finds.

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Good start with that machine. I used an MXT a couple weeks ago. It's a good machine. Gets very good depth if set up right.

Those aluminum car tokens are kinda cool. I think they are from the 60's.

Bob

OP
OP
cuddles17981

cuddles17981

Oct 3, 2005
Schuylkill County,PA
Detector(s) used
No,prolly not,lol,the bounty hunter always went off. I know alot of it was me,it was hard to pin point.. I'm ashamed to say,id give up after a few inches deep and wide ::)..At first with the MXT i was like oh man,its going to be confusing,watched the tape and read thru TN and dug up everything to see what was setting it off,just to see if I had it set right.. Now I'm on the right track.. 8)Thanks everyone for the nice comments and great advice..

Barb

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
nice finds for sure ......... i have 2 mxt's it seems like the perfect machine for me and the type of things i look for,, coins and jewelry mainly,, one thing for sure,, hubby is right,, you'll get beefed up arms for sure.... ;D ;D ;D...all the best with it,, and hope ya have a great year......
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,

I am looking to purchase an MXT, please everyone tell your stories of MXT finds. Do you or have you found any silver coins with the unit? If and when you do please let me know. Seems like your off to a good start!

Keep @ it and HH!!

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
With nice stuff like that in your backyard, there should be some old coins!!! ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread