90 Minute Hunt

Alchemist

Feb 8, 2014
Badger State
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Platinum Pro w/11" coil, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202, Garret ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This evening before I got cut off by the rain, I managed to short hunt a long area of grass between a small town road and a tree line that lead to a river beyond. A few days ago I had hunted a park nearby with some silver luck and thought this might be a route some would take to get there. My instincts were right. Not a lot of solid signal hits or coins (6 total), but 2 of them where Liberty dimes ('26 and '36). Cool ratio. Both about 6" deep in fairly tough dirt. Great thing is I've only done part of the stretch of grass lane (rain), so I can go back for more new possibilities. Thanks.

DSC07035.jpg

Upvote 7

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe instead of doing our normal 8-10 hour hunts and getting one or maybe 2 cool finds; we should shorten our trips to a couple of hours!!! You all are killing me!!! Nice digs!!!!!!!

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We call those Mercury dimes, nice saves :occasion14:

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We call those Mercury dimes, nice saves :occasion14:

Technically "Liberty Dime" is a more accurate name since the coin's official name is the "Winged Liberty Head Dime,". Believe it or not but that is not the profile of the Pagan God Mercury on that coin. :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread