Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't had a lot of extra time to hunt the past couple of weeks. But Lisa and I did manage to make it back out to the Blue barn for a little while and then the 'hunted out site'. I got another tag with the T&G stamped on it AND another one of those little squirt guns. I found one of these last year when I went hunting with MartyG and didn't know what it was, but PBK ID'd it for me. I was kinda suprised to find another one!
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,41041.0.html

100_7655.jpg

The token is for a shoe company. It is very worn but I could read what it says...
'Manier and Cos...Trade Mark.....Goldmedal Shoes'.
100_7648.jpg

On Sunday we had our annual family reunion and as always we had a great time. I always look forward to this day. Get to hear about all the fish stories. ;)
100_7660-1.jpg

Then, Monday morning Charlie announces that he wants to take the week off and get some stuff done around the house. Well...Lisa and I had already planned to go huntin at the park cause she had bought a new MD and wanted to try and learn how to use it. We went, and I ended up with a pocket full of clad. Nothing else. :-\ But we had fun. :)

Here's a picture of Charlie getting all that work done.... ::)
100_7595.jpg

And as usual he thinks I am just always playing around not getting anything done...... :D

100_7605.jpg

These two helpers made my job so much easier. ;)

I will have to say that Charlie did manage to get a few things done over the week. I had decided that I needed two goats to help me keep that grass cut, so he finished fencing off a couple of acres for me and we went shopping for goats. ;)
Meet Billy and Bob. The newest members of my family. :D
100_7732.jpg

Around about Friday, after getting all the chores done we went up to Smith Lake to get a little fishin in and Charlie got the prize for smallest catch! Now ya'll don't tell him I am posting these pictures! He'll get me for sure! :D
100_7801.jpg

Dakota went with us and had never seen a catfish. Charlie reels one in and as you know they make all kinds of weird noises. Charlie says to Dakota, "Can you hear what he is saying, Dakota?!" And Dakota looks puzzled and says, "No Papa Charlie, what is he saying?" Charlie says, "He's saying, 'Dakota...help meeee....get me loose!'" Well Dakota thought that fish was the best thing he ever saw and spent the rest of the afternoon asking why he couldn't catch a talking fish like that! :D He'd pull in a fish and say, "I don't want that one! I want one like Papa caught. :D
100_7804.jpg

Had a very important Birthday party to attend!
100_7831.jpg

And ballgames that I just can't miss!
IMG_0020.jpg

After a long week of not getting to go hunting, yesterday Lisa and I went back to the 'hunted out site'. No great coins but some neat relics. Found a bell, a shoe buckle, a suspender buckle, a neat little shield thingy that has 'Fontana Dam NC' on it, a pin/brooch, 1929 wheat and of course the bullets. ;)
100_7898.jpg

100_7903.jpg

Here's a link to the Fontana Dam. I thought that was a neat read, and could be some hunting sites there for those of you that live in the area! ;)

http://www.westernncattractions.com/fontana.htm

Hope you all are having a great week! :)

Nana

Upvote 0

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sure hope the goats get the job done. Charlie needs to spend more time fishing it looks like. ;D ;D
Love the finds Nana. Keep digging.
Burdie

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Nana,

Thanks for sharing. Great story and great pics. Super finds. Family time is a real treasure. I'm glad you had a great week.

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
great post Nana! you really are blessed with a beautiful family!..........make sure ol charlie dont work too hard! ;) ;D

TeddyB1967

Feb 23, 2007
Pennsylvania
hehee i think Ol Charlie got "Working Hard" confused for "Hardly Working" or is it "Hardly Working" confused for "Working Hard" :o ;D ;)

Either way, great post Nana and wonderful pictures. Not bad digs either ;) I enjoy reading your posts.

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Nana,

nice group of finds, sounds like your having
a good time.

Neat post; thanks for all the photos. ;D

Please say hello to Billy and Bob. ;)

Again, nice post.

have a good un..........
SHERMANVILLE

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Such a great post Nana. It really brightened my day and I needed it (tough day at work...ugggg) Thanks for the smiles!! I REALLY love that shot of Chuck and Dacota at the ball game. Awesome photo!!! Congrats on your nice finds too, interesting stuff, cool!

Smiles!
BDoo

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Those mini squirt gun's were kinda expensive back then...Cool post and find's as alway's Nana...Great Pic's of the family as well...HH!!

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you had a fun week, gee so many pictures...love em all. ;D You and Lisa have some awesome finds, love that bell. Thanks for sharing it all with us and tell Charlie his week of horsing around is over...time to get back to work.

Love Billy and Bob too, may I ask why you did not get a nanny?? ;D ;D ;D

;) RR

Tsalagi

May 4, 2007
Louisville, KY
Detector(s) used
discovery 1100/GC-1016a/GC1018
the father and son picture(im assuming thats what they are)
well it speaks a thousand words
what a great picture

Lafitte

Apr 20, 2007
Western NC
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 Sore Legs
Hey Nana, great finds and adorable kid pics.
I love the Fontana Dam token. It might have been given out when the dam was completed.
I've kayaked the Nantahala River below there, and camped in the area. It's beautiful terrain. Alot of my family in NC camp at Lake Fontana for a week each summer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions