Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't had a lot of extra time to hunt the past couple of weeks. But Lisa and I did manage to make it back out to the Blue barn for a little while and then the 'hunted out site'. I got another tag with the T&G stamped on it AND another one of those little squirt guns. I found one of these last year when I went hunting with MartyG and didn't know what it was, but PBK ID'd it for me. I was kinda suprised to find another one!
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,41041.0.html

100_7655.jpg

The token is for a shoe company. It is very worn but I could read what it says...
'Manier and Cos...Trade Mark.....Goldmedal Shoes'.
100_7648.jpg

On Sunday we had our annual family reunion and as always we had a great time. I always look forward to this day. Get to hear about all the fish stories. ;)
100_7660-1.jpg

Then, Monday morning Charlie announces that he wants to take the week off and get some stuff done around the house. Well...Lisa and I had already planned to go huntin at the park cause she had bought a new MD and wanted to try and learn how to use it. We went, and I ended up with a pocket full of clad. Nothing else. :-\ But we had fun. :)

Here's a picture of Charlie getting all that work done.... ::)
100_7595.jpg

And as usual he thinks I am just always playing around not getting anything done...... :D

100_7605.jpg

These two helpers made my job so much easier. ;)

I will have to say that Charlie did manage to get a few things done over the week. I had decided that I needed two goats to help me keep that grass cut, so he finished fencing off a couple of acres for me and we went shopping for goats. ;)
Meet Billy and Bob. The newest members of my family. :D
100_7732.jpg

Around about Friday, after getting all the chores done we went up to Smith Lake to get a little fishin in and Charlie got the prize for smallest catch! Now ya'll don't tell him I am posting these pictures! He'll get me for sure! :D
100_7801.jpg

Dakota went with us and had never seen a catfish. Charlie reels one in and as you know they make all kinds of weird noises. Charlie says to Dakota, "Can you hear what he is saying, Dakota?!" And Dakota looks puzzled and says, "No Papa Charlie, what is he saying?" Charlie says, "He's saying, 'Dakota...help meeee....get me loose!'" Well Dakota thought that fish was the best thing he ever saw and spent the rest of the afternoon asking why he couldn't catch a talking fish like that! :D He'd pull in a fish and say, "I don't want that one! I want one like Papa caught. :D
100_7804.jpg

Had a very important Birthday party to attend!
100_7831.jpg

And ballgames that I just can't miss!
IMG_0020.jpg

After a long week of not getting to go hunting, yesterday Lisa and I went back to the 'hunted out site'. No great coins but some neat relics. Found a bell, a shoe buckle, a suspender buckle, a neat little shield thingy that has 'Fontana Dam NC' on it, a pin/brooch, 1929 wheat and of course the bullets. ;)
100_7898.jpg

100_7903.jpg

Here's a link to the Fontana Dam. I thought that was a neat read, and could be some hunting sites there for those of you that live in the area! ;)

http://www.westernncattractions.com/fontana.htm

Hope you all are having a great week! :)

Nana

Upvote 0

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
heyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, Nana-Bananna :P GREAT post ;D

billy+bob gonna free you up some more detecting time ;)

i dunno, tho.............if'n those 2 little ones were mine........there'd go all my time ::)

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
Great post Nana. My favorite pic is the ball game one, could not ask for a better pic than that one.

You sure have been busy. Glad to see you did manage to find time to do some detecting. Nice finds.

Enjoyed you post. thanks.

Ray S ECen FL

BobinSouthVA

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2007
SE Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro / Whites Prism II
thanks for sharing your wonderful pictures with us. Nothing like getting on here and seeing pics of found treasures and smiling kids to make the day end well.

nealb

Jan 2, 2007
Omaha, NE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 and Discovery 1100
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nana - Great post and love the pic's - especially the one of the two "Kids" leaning on the fence at the ballfield. Maybe a submission for a Father's Day photo contest? Love the little gun.

HH

Neal

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super post and great pics Nana! You have a beautiful family, looks like everyone had a blast.

Those relics are awesome! Thanks for sharing your week.....

Night Stalker

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
So how is the dog doing after riding in that RTV with Charlie? Poor dog. :D ;D

Great pictures. Looks like you are very busy with those small kids. Enjoy them.

Catfish are fun to catch. We caught a bunch on the Sandusky Bay(Lake Erie) last summer.

Some good Metal Detecting finds. I love the shoe token.

Bob

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Nana is back and all is well. Well, almost, Mona, Lonewolfe, Floater, etc., etc., are still AWOL. :'(

SUPER great post and it's amazing how similar our finds are.

We've been entertaining company for some time so detecting has been put on hold for me. I think our visitors are getting a little tired of hearing me say "Man! I'd sure like to hunt that place sometime!" ;D

Enjoy the hunts Nana!

Badger

OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:) Thanks ya'll! :)

Sherm...I relayed your greetings to Billy and Bob and they said "Baaaa". ;D (you knew that was coming!) ;D :D

RR...The origional plan was to purchase two Nanny's. We went to four different places to purchase them and they were either sold out, closed or only had Billy Bob's.

Dave...These little goats are so funny! It's neat to watch them play around. If these two survive the coyotes and such, I am going to add a few more. They really haven't been any trouble at all. Go ahead and get a couple for Bobbie!!! :)

Bob...Zack the dog LOVES to ride in the Kubota!!! When he hears the engine start up...better make a spot for him to ride! :D

Thanks again ya'll and have a great weekend!!!

Nana :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread