Friday 13th gives me first trifecta, 3c nickel, V Nick at hunted site!

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Happy Friday 13th to all. Hope you proved the myth wrong like Treblehunter and I did ( separate hunts, FYI ). The day started out with an eyeball find...a neat religious shield medal when I went to get my English wench milk for her tea.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1447453211.769304.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1447453237.419087.jpg

After she got home from work, I decided to go check a cornfield I have been waiting to get cut. It was cut but had to go find the owner and get permission. An elderly lady answered the door at the first place I tried and said her hubby owned the field and " We do not allow that " when I asked about detecting. Darn Fri 13th anyway! Grumbling, I texted Chris and as he said " the saga continues " lol, meaning our string of bad luck was holding up still.
I decided to go give a try at a previous permission I had done twice before, once alone and then again with Chris. This was the place that gave me a Barber quarter and Barber dime, and I guess he did ok there too lol.
Today, I got a warm welcome from the owner and a yes. All tones were iffy and you had to really work for them. No clear, repeating ones like before. This was my first time there with the F75 and it didn't disappoint. Sorry for rambling but can finally say I got the cent trifecta and another first. Enjoy the pics. These are still dirty. I have them soaking in mineral oil at the moment.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1447453940.056792.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1447453968.192343.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1447453998.463387.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1447454027.083808.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1447454071.585389.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1447454105.253988.jpg

Upvote 26

Nepa-Will

Nov 15, 2014
Northeast, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
XP Deus + 9" Coil
XP MI-6 Pinpointer,
XP WS4 Wireless Headphones,
XP Remote
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great trifecta! If superstitious things is what works for you. Then next time you should take a black cat with you, and detect while walking under a ladder. Way to go!

OP
OP
Old Dude

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice OD. You got me beat on the cent trifecta, and the 3 center.
Sounds like a good hunt, I gota start digging more of those iffy signals.
Thanks BP. The area I did had given up Barbers, more IHP's than wheats, a 2 center, a 1/2 Reale and nice relics on the previous hunts. This was more about testing the F75 in a previously hunted site. I knew there HAD been older targets, so I probably dug more of the questionable ones than normal. I am used to hunting with Cjon and he hunts faster than I do, so I usually have to dig the definite tones before he beats me to them lol.
Great trifecta! If superstitious things is what works for you. Then next time you should take a black cat with you, and detect while walking under a ladder. Way to go!

Will, the first time I got married was a Friday 13th lol. My daughter was born from that marriage, so the date has always given me good things. I was waiting to hear from you on Thursday but guess you had to work all day?

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am used to hunting with Cjon and he hunts faster than I do, so I usually have to dig the definite tones before he beats me to them lol.

Ahh, cmon. Don't make me look like that, you were just walking the clad side of the yards lol

You've had 3 great hunts in a row, making me pay for earlier this year lol

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet finds Dave, One thing you can always bank on about permissions, your luck will change. Down my way it is really tough finding the owners of agricultural fields, then when you do they tell you, we lease that out, you'll have to ask the farmer. Then the farmer tells you, I lease that, you'll have to ask the owner!

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice assortment of finds- congrats on the trifecta!

-- Jeff --

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quote Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
I am used to hunting with Cjon and he hunts faster than I do, so I usually have to dig the definite tones before he beats me to them
OD if you would use that Taser on him like we talked about you could stop Mr Jump in Front. But it seems like from the last couple of hunts with him that he was beat so bad that Chris will just hunt 50 feet behind you hoping he can pick up any scraps you left behind..:laughing7:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Really good hunt and congrats on the coinage and getting the permission. Looking forward in seeing the cleaned up results of them.

The little guy on the left shoulder would of replied to the woman when I departed. "Gee it's too bad that you don't own the field too" But there's nothing good about burning the bridge cause you might be able to sweet talk the farmer into the permission while he's out tilling and enjoying life on the tractor away from the boss.:)

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahh, cmon. Don't make me look like that, you were just walking the clad side of the yards lol

You've had 3 great hunts in a row, making me pay for earlier this year lol

Hey Dave? This might be a good time for you and Jeff to tell how BADLY I hunt since you both had refresher courses. ;) LOL

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OD if you would use that Taser on him like we talked about you could stop Mr Jump in Front. But it seems like from the last couple of hunts with him that he was beat so bad that Chris will just hunt 50 feet behind you hoping he can pick up any scraps you left behind..:laughing7:

Hey I'm just glad he finally found the ON switch on that f75

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So the guy can find a 3 cent nickel but can't pull out a common war nickel? LOL I know Tom will be rolling when he sees your post

OP
OP
Old Dude

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's beautiful, almost sentimental, I think I shed a tear lol!

Why? Was that Really the last time OD found Silver?

Hey I'm just glad he finally found the ON switch on that f75
100,000 comedians out of work, and you 2 are making jokes?

OP
OP
Old Dude

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the Trifecta. I have yet to find a 3 center
You did good
Thanks ATW...that is my first, so maybe yours is soon!
Great coins! Nice job OD
Thanks ZK. I hoped we might have missed a few deeper ones and we did!
Sweet finds Dave, One thing you can always bank on about permissions, your luck will change. Down my way it is really tough finding the owners of agricultural fields, then when you do they tell you, we lease that out, you'll have to ask the farmer. Then the farmer tells you, I lease that, you'll have to ask the owner!
Isn't that the truth? Sometimes I can't buy a permission and Chris picks up the slack...other days it's the reverse.
Nice assortment of finds- congrats on the trifecta!

-- Jeff --
Thanks Jeff. I came close before but Fri 13th was my lucky day!
Really good hunt and congrats on the coinage and getting the permission. Looking forward in seeing the cleaned up results of them.

The little guy on the left shoulder would of replied to the woman when I departed. "Gee it's too bad that you don't own the field too" But there's nothing good about burning the bridge cause you might be able to sweet talk the farmer into the permission while he's out tilling and enjoying life on the tractor away from the boss.:)

This woman had a snooty look from the start lol.Thanks!

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
100,000 comedians out of work, and you 2 are making jokes?

This is my way of expressing my jealousy for not being able to get out

OP
OP
Old Dude

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good hunt...lots of targets left there!
Thanks Romeo. It felt good to get out again!
Hey Dave? This might be a good time for you and Jeff to tell how BADLY I hunt since you both had refresher courses. ;) LOL
Gary you are about as thorough as they come. You're like a bird dog on a point lol.
OLD DUDE NICE FINDS .
Thank you Sutphin. I appreciate it!
So the guy can find a 3 cent nickel but can't pull out a common war nickel? LOL I know Tom will be rolling when he sees your post
Beez, I have found every other American nickel now so surely it is just a matter of time lol!

Last edited:

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm just amazed at the variety of coins pulled from that site, 1794 spanish, 2 cents, 3 cents, large cents, barbers, indians, mercs, roosies, wheats, relics, it's an awesome spot!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions