Orange, Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Minelab eTrac
Minelab Excalibur 8"
Makro Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Going to a local craft fair with my wife before I head out fishing in the dirt. Hmmm, that's a sparklie little thing. Will have to get it tested, but it sparkles with all sorts of colors that I can't capture in the photos. This is a first for me.

aj

DSC01774.JPG DSC01781.JPG DSC01782.JPG

UPDATE: I truly believe this is CZ. I don't have a diamond tester, but I put a pen dot on a piece of paper, and the stone, when placed on top of the dot, showed the dot to be a complete circle. Boo.

Last edited:
Upvote 12

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't get my hopes up since a CRAFT Fair was involved.???
I hope I'm wrong.
Marvin

goldbmine

Nov 13, 2015
North Ga.
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with ga. Not to destroy your hopes. Get it checked. Keep us posted

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
I hope it's real. In New York I found a diamond that I was almost sure was real. I have found CZ before and noticed this one as not. Anyways, I left it on the table at the hotel and never had a chance to test it.

NaturalJWL

Jul 19, 2007
NC
A few years ago leaving a gun show, checking the parking lot on the way back to our car parked on the far side of the dealers lot. This area had been used over the winter to pile all the snow from the lot. Looked and looked, nothing, until I was almost at the car and saw a sparkle. A Nice 2 carot......CZ.....Dang it....lol

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice.
If Real that's a Biggin!

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few years ago leaving a gun show, checking the parking lot on the way back to our car parked on the far side of the dealers lot. This area had been used over the winter to pile all the snow from the lot. Looked and looked, nothing, until I was almost at the car and saw a sparkle. A Nice 2 carot......CZ.....Dang it....lol

Do big High Quality CZ's have any Value?

joesmarbles

Sep 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
simple test. hold it over a newspaper or book. If you can see a letter or more it is a CZ, can't read through a diamond.....Joe McDonough

OP
OP
ajaj

ajaj

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2012
Orange, Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Minelab eTrac
Minelab Excalibur 8"
Makro Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
simple test. hold it over a newspaper or book. If you can see a letter or more it is a CZ, can't read through a diamond.....Joe McDonough

I will get it tested; but, tonight, I can't read anything through it. The reds, greens, and blue flashes are overwhelming.

aj

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I hope you found a real one! Good Luck!

Armorer73

Mar 1, 2013
California City, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab X-Terra
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ever since I started this hobby a few years ago I have had a lot of eyeball finds. My wife used to laugh at me but now I catch her picking things up. She even checks the Coinstar!

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found one exactly like it in High School on the steps going inside the building. Was a CZ of course, but it was a diamond to me for the first 3 years before I got really serious about treasure hunting and had it tested. But you can bet I'll never forget that day and I hope you never forget this find either regardless of the test results :treasurechest::thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread