Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to Charleston to visit my sister this weekend as a late Christmas. Carolina Tom(also known as Coin Kicker) called and said him and Todd Lipe both of the Charlotte Silver Mafia were going down also. Tom asked if I could find us a place to all hunt together on Sunday. I found a place and was there at sunrise on Sunday morning. They wouldn't be at site for a couple hours so I started hunting. 30 minutes later I pulled this Tag out. I called CT/CK and sent him a picture. Come to find out they were an hour away and stopped for gas and hunting an old school. Well I think they made it to the site in record time. I stopped hunting after calling Tom hoping they would find something good. We all drove up to site about the sametime.I finally got to meet Todd. And he is a super guy to hunt with too. I dug a Large Cent and some clad. Tom got a signal and kicked it with his foot but didn't dig it. About 15 minutes later I walked by his kick mark.and got a signal. Up.pops another Large Cent. I tried to explain to Tom unlike up in Charlotte you can't kick the coins out of the ground. We didn't find much else except for a cannonball fragment.But it wasn't from lack of effort. The first pic is like it came out of ground and I'm slowly trying to clean it.

IMG_20160112_161032.jpg IMG_20160112_162818.jpg IMG_20160112_062618.jpg IMG_20160112_163011.jpg

As a side note this piece of history would be lost by the end of summer as construction on some buildings are starting soon

Last edited:
Upvote 101

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks much better on the IPad than my cheap phone lol. That is one piece of our history that ( like someone else said ) you'd think would show up more often on hunts. It looks copper? Or is it brass? Congrats on something Vino hasn't found yet lol.

Vino won't find one of these as they only show up around Charleston, SC. Of course if he took a trip down there he just might come back with one!
A slave tag in this condition is a No Brainer Banner :occasion14: My vote is in!

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy cow tyler!My votes in.Killer! Congratulations!

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that's saving history in the nick of time!.......now can I hold it :laughing7: No brainer here, BANNER

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sick! Banner!

Great condition on that one man. Just awesome.

joeyfresh

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2006
Colonial Virginia
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What an amazing find! It would be even more amazing if you could trace it back....is that even possible?

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Excellent historical relic find! :occasion14:

goldnugget

Nov 3, 2005
East Coast U S A
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab XP-Pro- MinelabExcaliber -Fisher1260 Minelab E-Trac - Minelab Equinox 800
Thanks for sharing your Banner Find. Any Pictures of the Large cent---goldnugget-Charlotte,North Carolina

PBR

Nov 29, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aww man. That is cool. Sorry I haven't responded sooner my pc crashed this weekend, and I had to buy a new one yesterday.
When you sent me the pic text I couldn't see it well on my crappy old flip phone.
That is a neat find and it is great that you saved it before the construction started.
Heck, the 2 large cents would have made my day, but that tag is awesome.
Banner, Banner, Banner.
And I thought you were out for the season.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome piece of history, condition, save, it's a wonderful recovery. Congrats.:occasion14:

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeehaa! Here we go! Banner and what a piece of history.

Wonderful story about 'ol Tom kicking a largie! Great thing about Tom is he's always a good sport. He's good people and awesome hunting company...

Cheers!

Steve

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man talk about the most amazing find I've seen on here in a long time!, great piece of American history, museum quality!

Congrats man....BANNER!

chrisdigs

Oct 1, 2015
Middle Tennessee
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030,Garrett AT Pro,Garrett At MAX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Truly Incredible find you got a banner from me also...Congratulations [emoji106]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread