BladeRunner2019

Dec 22, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fair warning, this will probably be a long post. :laughing7:

Saturday I went back to the place where the previous weekend I had found a V nickel and a Merc in a weather shortened hunt (It was cold and windy. :laughing7:) So after hunting about 2 hours I had only found 4 or 5 modern coins. No lie, I told myself I was going to make one more pass around some trees and head over to a school in the area. I finally got a decent signal and popped the plugged. It was still in the plug and as I scrapped away dirt I saw some shiney. Turned out to be a 1947 Rosie. :hello2:

Obviously I stayed close to that spot and it wasn't long before I got another signal that I thought was going to be a Wheat cent. I popped the plug but was not deep enough. I grabbed another scoop of dirt and tossed it on the pile and another Rosie revealed itself. (1946)

At this point I got greedy and told myself if I can get one more silver it will be my first 3 silver coin day. About 10 yards from where I found the silver dimes I got a loud signal. To be honest I don't even remember what the VDI read. I also missed my pinpointing pretty bad. After I flipped the plug, the signal was in the side wall. I grabbed another chunk and this is what I saw.

Unless it was a cruel token or something odd, I knew it was silver dollar size, but as I brushed away dirt I was having trouble seeing any detail. I finally saw the rays and I had an idea what I had found. I gently brushed off the dirt on my pants. Turns out she had lived a rough life so I didn't have to be too concerned about scratching it.

My last good find of the day was a 1911 V nickel. As usual, it was rough. I was hoping to find a Buffalo to complete a trifecta, but no luck.

Here is the family pic. I also found a cool button and a small buckle. 2 of these wheats are from my hunt today at a local school. It's weird how rough the whole rim of the Peace Dollar is. At first I thought I may have scratched it, but it's like that all the way around.

Thanks for looking. GL & HH
Bill

Upvote 14

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratulations Bill!

That's as big as they get! I am so jealous. Glad to see that your hard work paid off!

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sweet find on that peace dollar. congrats!

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt ! :occasion14:

lost it

Aug 24, 2015
new england
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice peace dollar have a few never found one yet. it looks like the kids were rolling that dollar thats why the edge is so worn

OP
OP
BladeRunner2019

BladeRunner2019

Dec 22, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the finds, especially that silver dollar. With a coin that size i would say your probably the first to hit this site.

Thanks. I thought so too, but there sure aren't a lot of coins, modern or old. Maybe it's just one of those places where many coins weren't dropped.

Congratulations Bill!

That's as big as they get! I am so jealous. Glad to see that your hard work paid off!

Gracia amigo! I'm not going to lie. It wasn't too long ago I was considering taking a break because of lack of places to hunt. This has got me hooked for at least another few months. :laughing7: And no need for you to be jealous. You got twice as many silvers last year as my entire 2 year total! Let's trade. LOL

nice peace dollar have a few never found one yet. it looks like the kids were rolling that dollar thats why the edge is so worn

It does look like it was rolled or something. I don't think the damage came from when it was in the ground since the face and reverse aren't too scratched up. But the rim is chewed up all the way around.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread