3 Colonial shoe buckles and Colonial Silver!!

Brewha08

Mar 20, 2016
Martha's Vineyard
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out for a hunt today with two fellow members of TNet, (Vineyarder, Dig-MV) we decided to check out an old field in the middle of the woods. The field is located in a very old area of our hometown and is pretty close to several colonial homesites. We have spend a couple of days in areas close to the field, walking cart trails and finding some pretty decent finds but never spent anytime in the field until today.
Started off slow until I headed up towards one end of the field into the woods and noticed what could possibly have been a cellar hole and a trash pit. Got myself a nice 12-43 on the Etrac and dug my first ever 1 Reale! Called the guys over to check it out and we then spent the next two hours on the edge of the field near the cellar hole. Ended up with a pocket full of old buttons and and 3 complete shoe buckles. My collection of complete shoe buckles doubled in size in a single day! Cant wait to get back out to the site and do some more digging to see what else we can find! If anyone has any info on what the purple glass looking thing is or the medallion please let me know!

HH and thanks for looking!

IMG_2342.JPG
IMG_2343.JPG
IMG_2344.JPG
IMG_2345.JPG
IMG_2346.JPG
IMG_2347.JPG

Upvote 23

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congrats on a good day hunting! love the finds.

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice spanish silver

Top Member Reactions