some stuff from today

scavenger

Oct 21, 2004
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre (Soon to be teknetics T2SE)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
went hunting on a levee inbetween two ponds today. all money was clad (2 pen 1 dim). I found an old car key, and a lock back pocket knife wich what seems to have been hit by a lawn mower because I found all the peices in a 4 ft square area I got all the peices except for a bolster and? the blade. found a crumbled pair of eyeglasses, a chopped up arrow shaft, a fishing reel handle? 3 sinkers, and what looks to be part of a belt buckle or part of and old lighter, it looks like brass,? an a few peices of schlag. I also found a "whats it" it will be circled in yellow. the knife parts will be circled in red the eye glass parts in orange and arrow parts in green. the square thing is the buckle (current military type buckle). the key is marked dexter on one side and a few unreadable words on the other. also forgot to mention There is also a .38/.357 bullet circled in pink. nothing really to brag about but not bad for a VERY cold wind blowing winters day, eh? :D
laters and happy hunting.
SCAV.

Attachments

• 31005 junk.jpg
    31005 junk.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 268
Upvote 0

hikermike

Dec 16, 2004
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2
Not bad at all!! I enjoy all the finds....well except the pull tabs and shredded aluminum cans!!Just getting out with the detector is great and any finds are a fun bonus!! Good luck!!H.H.

R

rvbvetter

Nice finds. The round one in yellow reminds me of a doorbell cover.

M

minelabex1000

scavenger, I plan to hunt more fishing type locations this spring. One thing that won me over was someone in our area found a mega rare antique fishing lure (found at garage sale). I was told it sold for $5000 on ebay.

I don't get it but fishing lures have become sort of an art form for some people. Some old lures were made of metal and may still be salvageable even after having been buried for a long time.

Fisherman also lose lots of other stuff. One favorite find is old cigarette lighters.

M

mrmark55

Not bad! Any finds are always better than no finds at all or pull tab finds.
A bad day of detecting is better that a good day at work to paraphrase a well used saying!
Mr Mark

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread