Todays old homesite finds

hikermike

Dec 16, 2004
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2
I searched an old homesite today and found a few relecs.Even found what I thought was an old cow ear tag.Without paying much attention I straightened out a little and shoved it into my pocket and later threw it in the back of my truck with some old plows and things.After getting home I was going through what I found and saw something red and shinning on it. My wife informed me it was an old hair clip. I dont know if it is real or not but it looks like a ruby. The hair clip has places for six more stones.Makes me wonder how many fell out when I straightened it out before shoving it in my pocket, or if any fell out in the truck......real or not one of these days I'm gonna learn to pay more attention to things.....just like I had to learn the hard way about using a probe(screwdriver) to poke around in the ground!!I messed up more than a few relecs and coins before learning to just dig. All and all it was a pretty good day with a few relecs.Here are todays finds. Happy hunting to all!!

Attachments

• mar 10 farm site.jpg
    mar 10 farm site.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 356
  • march 10 farm site 2.jpg
    march 10 farm site 2.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 342
  • march10 farm site hair clip.jpg
    march10 farm site hair clip.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 342
Upvote 0

nitro

Dec 30, 2004
Round Rock, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs Mike, with all the dirt in the Jewel holes in the hair beret I don't think you lost any more than what was already missing. Happy Hunting. Joe

OP
OP
hikermike

hikermike

Dec 16, 2004
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2
I was just looking at the same thing.......there is only one other place that might have had one in it....but the dirt could have fell out of it when I straightened it out.......makes me feel a little less careless seeing the dirt in there...I should have noticed that before....guess I was in too much of a hurry to get them posted.....Thanks to all, and happy digging!!

OP
OP
hikermike

hikermike

Dec 16, 2004
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2
I hope it turns up some coins....its very near landsford and an old ferry crossing of the catawba river and right next to the old waxhaw road which led to an old train depot in the early 1900's. Im still trying to get permission to hunt the ferry and depot crossing. The lands ford area is state maintained and is off limits. So for now it's just the old homesite...but there has got to be more(hopefully coins) there. I have quite a few house sites and church's that I can hunt, but I keep skipping around instead of actually searching a whole area and moving to the next. Oh well at least I will always have somewhere to hunt.... ;D

OP
OP
hikermike

hikermike

Dec 16, 2004
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2
I'm not sure about the hoop ring....that makes about the fourth or fifth one I have found. The one in in my pic from this site is in really good shape compared to the others I have found. I do know that all have been found at really old site...or at least mine have. I guess we need to put in the "what is it " area of the forum....I'm sure somebody can tell us what it is or was used for!! Wish I could help you more. Nice relecs in the pic....love that horseshoe...looks exactly the same as mine!! good luck and happy hunting!!

N

nutso

Those hoops rings look like they'd go on a hitchin post for a horse.

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep up the good work there!

Looks like a good site for some good finds!

Old farms are a fav of mine and usually I find some old coins, and or a piece of jewelry or 2!

HH and good luck!

Lonewolfe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions