kennedy halves.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 361

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man!!

Good deal Bigrig!!

The last time I even found silver 1/2 in a bank roll was a LOOOOOONG time ago >:(

Maybe I need to revisit my bank too!

I remember finding silver war nickels in some of the rolls we used to buy at the bank,
haven't seen those in rolls in years either..

I'd go back to that bank if I were you, maybe there's some st. Liberty 1/4s in some 1/4 rolls!?

Good luck!

Lonewolfe

MDnoob

Apr 23, 2003
NICE !!!!

One time a customer paid for a 3$ bottle of vodka with a 10$ roll or halves...all silver! The roll hadn't been opened since '68 some of the coins were pure Uncirculated!

OP
OP
bigrig40

bigrig40

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2005
Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
white's
no bubble burst here. 1964 is 90% 1965-1970 80% outer layer with .200 copper bonded to .209 silver core.1971-present is copper nickel clad.

bigrig

jwfmbf

Greenie
Nov 30, 2004
Hey BigRig,

You checked that bunch for a 1970-D right? You probably won't find one but... I still look anyway.

N

Newbie1967

How in the world did you manage to buy 50 dollars worth of Kennedy Halves? The banks around here never seem to have anything available - however I do know there are others that stop by the bank every day looking for Ikes and Jacks, so maybe it's just my timing is bad. But 50 dollars worth! That is unbelievable!!!

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I buy boxes of half dollars from my bank routinely, and over the course of several years have found over 3000 40% halves (2 1970-D's), 455 90% halves (30 of them are walkers, 65 are Franklins, the rest kennedys), approximately 150 S mint proofs (set broken up and half dollar spent) and 4 modern commemerative halves (3 1966 and 1 1995). Needless to say I have gone thru tens of thousands of coins. I sold most of my 40% halves a few months ago when silver spiked at almost $8 an ounce, and made enough profit to purchase a new DFX!!!! I have even found many error coins, including 45 1974-D double dies and a clipped planchet 1967. You never know what you will find!!!!

N

Newbie1967

I am obviously going to the wrong banks! :-\ Is your bank just a local one-off type place or is it a major chain? I tried a local Bank of America location, and also a smaller bank in the lobby at my office down in Baltimore, and I've come up with a big goose egg!

OP
OP
bigrig40

bigrig40

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2005
Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
white's
I just lucked into them.i have bought from them before and never found anything,the most i have ever got from there was 20.00 once.I was amazed at the quantity they had on hand considering i have tried to buy some there for about 2 months with no luck.But as they say,timing is everything.

bigrig

beetle662

Bronze Member
Jul 25, 2003
Independence, KY
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+
Nice haul bigrig! I've not had that kind of luck at the bank... I think someone always beats me to the punch! Gotta keep trying I guess! Way to go buddy!

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Newbie1967,
The bank I use is BankOne (recently merged with Chase). They have locations all over the place.

N

Newbie1967

I just had a revelation today - actually it was more of a "duh, why didn't I think of this sooner" moment.

My boss' wife is a bank manager. I have recruited her to start watching for goodies for me. I can't believe it took me this long to think of that. :P

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread