A Glint of Gold.....A Sigh of Despair!

KevGA

Jul 12, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Garrett ACE 250
Well, feeling a bit under the weather for the past few days, but it was a really nice day and the kids just wouldn't let it go so off to the playground we went again.? About an hour and a half of hunting netted me .29 in clad, yet another matchbox car, two nearly identical pieces of unkown metal (about 12" apart) and then the glint of gold.? Damn near had a heart attack until I saw the size of it encased in wet playground sand.? I did meet two older ladies who came as I was getting ready to pack up, each swinging Classic XL's.? They apparently hit the schools in the area each day at the end of the day.? Chalk another one up for the 250 if I'm finding anything after 2 White's scour the area every day!

Upvote 0
M

minelabex1000

Nice work and hope you feel better soon.

That 250 is a mighty good hunter for sure.

OP
OP
KevGA

KevGA

Jul 12, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Garrett ACE 250
::chuckle:: They know I'm full of it now when I give them a hard time about going to the playground. My 6 year old even has his own apron with digging tools and he helps dig targets. He'll dig it and drop it in the sifter then fill in the holes when we move on. I still get to have fun, too; he usually sticks around for 2 or 3 holes, then goes and plays for a a bit, comes back for some more.

Gee, so you think my wife will mind once she find's out I'm an award winning swinger?!

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Nah, just be sure to tell her that she can read it here first before the church ladies get ahold of it. HAHA

Beach_hunter

Jan 20, 2005
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finding a big diamond ring...$1000.00. Quality time with your children...Priceless.

GOOD WORK

majik

Oct 4, 2004
Hey Kevin I know just how you feel ;) at least your" Glint" was keepable ;D I was out the other day and saw a large glint in the bottom of my hole that turned out to be gold foil >:( LOL oh well Hey from one Kevin to another KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK HH Majik

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread