My 2016 Colonial SPANISH SILVER drought is OVER!!!!

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I am very happy to say that my Spanish Silver drought is over, and it's a good one!

I was swinging through my buddie's neighborhoods, so I figured I'd try calling Charlie (EastCoasthunter). He just happened to be out on a spot we call "Reale Road". I was really going just to BS with him because our last hunt we hardly talked at all.

So I get to the spot and we start talking and hunting. Not 10 minutes in I get a 12-38 signal on the CTX (a wheat penny signal for those unfamiliar) at 6". At this site I've dug British copper at that depth so I knew it was old. Finally at 8" out pops a small disk. I saw a little silver-ish tone coming through.... ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1476309331.213431.jpg

I knew it was a good one, so I called Charlie over. We don't do that to each other unless it's really good. He was in the middle of digging a signal and so what does he do? He slows down.

Finally he comes over and we clean it together. We were both sure it was a seated or capped 1/2 dime since it looked like it had an edge.

Then to our surprise...

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1476309454.390736.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1476309469.817323.jpg

1752 Globes and Pillars 1/2 Reale. My Spanish silver drought for the year was finally over.

So there it is, 1752 Half reale - Mexico City mint.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1476309957.063440.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1476309968.689961.jpg

All I found besides this was a buckle and about a half dozen pieces of iron. Thank goodness because if I found another good coin Charlie may have murdered me. Jk.

A big Shout out to EastCoastHunter21. It was his spot and he is a true friend.

Good hunts and best of luck out there.

Steve

Upvote 35

Eastcoasthunter21

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2015
New York/Florida
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DEUS ALL THE WAY
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm sure I can't curse on here but (moderators please excuse me )
STEVE $&@$ my friggin spot #%^#. Dig a freaking
~#%>€ half real $^#>%
-/>€£
But it was a great day to be out
And always a pleasure to see my tent friends.
H h all and gl. Oh yes great coin scrappy *******SOFBRAMBLE ON INSTAGRAM FOLLOW US

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job ending that drought Scrappy, wicked cool little Spanish silver there! Don't feel bad about finding it at your buddy's spot, that kind of shenanigans happens all the time. Now don't get mad when he digs a Spanish gold at one of your spots haha!

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice job ending that drought Scrappy, wicked cool little Spanish silver there! Don't feel bad about finding it at your buddy's spot, that kind of shenanigans happens all the time. Now don't get mad when he digs a Spanish gold at one of your spots haha!

It happens a lot to us. Those guys have found Spanish silver at my spots, Liberty caps, and other great digs. In fact, Bart found the same coin (within a few years) at one of my spots this spring! Lol

Bartek

Apr 5, 2014
Northern NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It happens a lot to us. Those guys have found Spanish silver at my spots, Liberty caps, and other great digs. In fact, Bart found the same coin (within a few years) at one of my spots this spring! Lol

Great find Steve, now I don't feel so bad for taking one of these from under your feet last year!

Charlie, we still have a lot of catching up to your Reale count!

Hopefully we all get one this weekend, happy hunting!

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alright Steve, now that you got the Spanish monkey off your back......go out and dig another!

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Killer Spanish real Steve :headbang: That's got to be my favorite type... or second favorite to the one that has "CARLOS" all mushed together. That thing is awesome and a style I hope to dig one day.

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That would have cost me a pair of shorts! Congratulations to you. [emoji106]

HH RN

Last edited:

DownNDirty

Bronze Member
Jun 1, 2015
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations-that's an oldie and in pretty good shape. I bet you will find more now that the voodoo has been broken.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hunting with you and your boys must be hot mess of bro talk, dirty jokes, and low down, dirty freakin awesome hunts.

Congrats my friend!

joeyfresh

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2006
Colonial Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go Steve! That's a less found time period too...at least for me. Now you just need to keep the streak going

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
glad your drought is over. the weather good up there now ,its great here. thats a nice coin got to love silver.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
AHHHH, that sweet smell of Spanish Silver. Awesome dig Steve. Your's has way more detail than some I've seen. That Charlie is something else, very fun to hunt with. I bet he did cuss at you. :censored:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the Spanish silver! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread