My 2016 Colonial SPANISH SILVER drought is OVER!!!!

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I am very happy to say that my Spanish Silver drought is over, and it's a good one!

I was swinging through my buddie's neighborhoods, so I figured I'd try calling Charlie (EastCoasthunter). He just happened to be out on a spot we call "Reale Road". I was really going just to BS with him because our last hunt we hardly talked at all.

So I get to the spot and we start talking and hunting. Not 10 minutes in I get a 12-38 signal on the CTX (a wheat penny signal for those unfamiliar) at 6". At this site I've dug British copper at that depth so I knew it was old. Finally at 8" out pops a small disk. I saw a little silver-ish tone coming through.... ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1476309331.213431.jpg

I knew it was a good one, so I called Charlie over. We don't do that to each other unless it's really good. He was in the middle of digging a signal and so what does he do? He slows down.

Finally he comes over and we clean it together. We were both sure it was a seated or capped 1/2 dime since it looked like it had an edge.

Then to our surprise...

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1476309454.390736.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1476309469.817323.jpg

1752 Globes and Pillars 1/2 Reale. My Spanish silver drought for the year was finally over.

So there it is, 1752 Half reale - Mexico City mint.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1476309957.063440.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1476309968.689961.jpg

All I found besides this was a buckle and about a half dozen pieces of iron. Thank goodness because if I found another good coin Charlie may have murdered me. Jk.

A big Shout out to EastCoastHunter21. It was his spot and he is a true friend.

Good hunts and best of luck out there.

Steve

Upvote 35

btjbtj

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2016
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro with NEL Big Coil DD. Garrett Pro-Pointer Plus.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Steve, what a beauty! Woohoo! Congrats. -Lisa & John

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great score!! Happy for you that personal drought is now history..........
I'm elated for any dug silver......can't imagine what finding a coin like that would do to me!!

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go bro! I know that one felt great. I'm pretty sure Brad and I are ahead of you though lol

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Alright Steve, now that you got the Spanish monkey off your back......go out and dig another!

You are right, that Spanish monkey was on my back, slapping me on the back of the head. Now I can concentrate!

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Killer Spanish real Steve :headbang: That's got to be my favorite type... or second favorite to the one that has "CARLOS" all mushed together. That thing is awesome and a style I hope to dig one day.

How about we both dig one next week?

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratulations-that's an oldie and in pretty good shape. I bet you will find more now that the voodoo has been broken.

My wife was complaining that she lost some special doll of hers a couple days ago. Coincidence? I think not. When I texted her a pic, she responded "well don't be late for dinner"

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hunting with you and your boys must be hot mess of bro talk, dirty jokes, and low down, dirty freakin awesome hunts.

Congrats my friend!

It's a hot mess when the Basstards of Bramble get together. I regret not getting this one on Video Dave. Charlie literally took 5 minutes to dig his target - I offered to dig it for him.

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Way to go Steve! That's a less found time period too...at least for me. Now you just need to keep the streak going

Well, I hope to hit a hot streak next week. You know what I'm talking about;)

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
AHHHH, that sweet smell of Spanish Silver. Awesome dig Steve. Your's has way more detail than some I've seen. That Charlie is something else, very fun to hunt with. I bet he did cuss at you. :censored:

Silent treatment, then cussing. Then acceptance, then more cussing. Lol

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Way to go bro! I know that one felt great. I'm pretty sure Brad and I are ahead of you though lol

Not for long Abe - I plan on having to claim all the silver I find next week on my taxes. Not. Lol.

Thanks Abe

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratulations Scrappy! Such a nice old coin too.

And to find it in Charlie's presence, must make it all the sweeter.

I wish you the very best of luck sir.

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go Steve! That's a less found time period too...at least for me. Now you just need to keep the streak going
Joey, you guys obviously find a lot of cut cross pistareen style and cobs down in your area. Not as many of the pillar style.
Here is the breakdown of what I have found in SW PA. A good percentage of mine have been Pillar style (including cut ones)
Charles the Pretender - 1
Cross Pistareen style one or two real - 9
Pillar and Globe - 21
Portrait - 32
Cob - 2

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Joey, you guys obviously find a lot of cut cross pistareen style and cobs down in your area. Not as many of the pillar style.
Here is the breakdown of what I have found in SW PA. A good percentage of mine have been Pillar style (including cut ones)
Charles the Pretender - 1
Cross Pistareen style one or two real - 9
Pillar and Globe - 21
Portrait - 32
Cob - 2

That's a lot of P&G's Steve!
Portrait. - 5
Globe and pillar - 1
Cob - 1

Cut silver - 0

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratulations Scrappy! Such a nice old coin too.

And to find it in Charlie's presence, must make it all the sweeter.

I wish you the very best of luck sir.

Yes, and Charlie went back there today and had quite the hunt. I'm going to try to get him to post it

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet find scrappy Ive been in a silver drought for a while though I just found a Merc every one needs a bone once in a while That coin is freakin amazing that would be front and center in my display case Great job glad you broke your drought Thanks for sharing it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks. And you're right, it revitalizes you!

And for anyone interested, Bart wanted me to mention Instagram (I didn't know what it really was until a day ago).

So follow us on Instagram:
#BasstardsOfBramble

...minus one S

jwp1964

Dec 18, 2014
Maryville, TN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus Lite, Garrett Freedom Ace Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on breaking you're Spanish silver slump. My 40 year Spanish silver slump continues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Zachbl92

Nov 8, 2015
Quinton, New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garret AT pro, Teknetics G2+, Garret AT pinpointer, deteknix xpointer, gray ghost originals
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet coin man! A nice earlier Spanish silver! Great on both of your parts. Best of luck out there and happy hunting!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions