pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It has been a week or so since I got out for a hunt and there was plans of getting it done yesterday but the day was blustery with a NW wind so I opted for a hunt today. Before I realized it was 1pm already and out the door I went. I stopped in a field beside a stone house and managed to get a few targets just hot spotting. The farmer was looking for some old tiller parts and he gave me the outlying how to get to the other fields on his 900 acre farm. Most of its in hay fields bordering a river and onto a lake so the potential for hunts is good. He explained the family had sold off the land across the road, gee happens to be another old permission already. So I started off with the buckle, then the square filigree piece.

When I first dug this sobering find out I thought it was military-then Mason related-turned out to be a Temperance Fob.

IMG_20161204_143351926.jpg IMG_20161204_175956319.jpg

Dug the bell which was cracked and fell apart on the other side, so I didn't even clean it up yet.
IMG_20161204_140648596.jpg

I decided to end the short afternoon at the proven little site around the corner. It's produced 7 Military buttons so far, 3 tokens, Agent Tag, and a bunch of other do-dads.

Today I managed to get a button that I could read at least "Royal Regt. Of Artillery". Must be the fact it was on the edge of a rock incline above where the other buttons were found and not dumped on by cows for the past 200 years.

IMG_20161204_152555227.jpg IMG_20161204_183523714_HDR.jpg IMG_20161204_183557503.jpg

Good day out for 3.5hrs got a couple of keepers for the hunt.

IMG_20161204_183638184.jpg

Upvote 17

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
man thats some nice finds.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lips-that-touch-liquor.jpg

Cool finds, I like your cow reference.

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; That Button is SWEEEETTTT. !!! It is Rev War Era. It's Condition is AMAZING. THAT is what makes it so special. It is easily a $100 button. I think it is worth more. I will look up the Shank Style to get a more accurate Dating on it. Great Find. PEACE:RONB

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; That Button is SWEEEETTTT. !!! It is Rev War Era. It's Condition is AMAZING. THAT is what makes it so special. It is easily a $100 button. I think it is worth more. I will look up the Shank Style to get a more accurate Dating on it. Great Find. PEACE:RONB

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
The fob is nice, and the button is nicer!

Well done PJ.

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; I did it.!!! The Shank is called a Boss Style Shank. Puts it squarely in Rev War Era.
Here is that Link:
http://www.daacs.org/wp-content/uploads/buttons.pdf

Here is the History of The Royal Artillery Regiment from Rev War to Present. :

Royal Regiment of Artillery - American Revolutionary War Forums

Here they are in Pictures:

https://images.search.yahoo.com/sea...r+Royal+Regiment+of+Artillery&fr=dss_yset_chr

That was fun. Do it again. I enjoy tracking them down. Thanks to Iron Patch & CRUSADER.: PEACE:RONB

weregolf

Jun 14, 2016
Mexico
Detector(s) used
Gemini III, Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, Fisher F2, Deepers 6, OKM rover C
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you got out.
Good finds to boot.
Sounds like a really nice spot...stone house ?
Ground froze here, may not thaw for awhile.

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on some nice finds

Thanks trapper

Damn good hunt....:icon_thumright:

Thanks

Thanks Dave, I see you like the cat also. :)

Thanks Baker, it's in pretty good shape.

The fob is nice, and the button is nicer!

The fob had me going for awhile until the soils dried and I brushed it off and saw sobriety.

Well done PJ.

Thank You PJ

Hi; I did it.!!! The Shank is called a Boss Style Shank. Puts it squarely in Rev War Era.
Here is that Link:
http://www.daacs.org/wp-content/uploads/buttons.pdf

Here is the History of The Royal Artillery Regiment from Rev War to Present. :

Royal Regiment of Artillery - American Revolutionary War Forums

Here they are in Pictures:

https://images.search.yahoo.com/sea...r+Royal+Regiment+of+Artillery&fr=dss_yset_chr

That was fun. Do it again. I enjoy tracking them down. Thanks to Iron Patch & CRUSADER.: PEACE:RONB

Thanks for posting up the links Barker

pepperj
Good hunt and congrats on a killer button !
Gary

Thanks Gary, dig enough holes one manages to surface.

Thanks

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the cool relics Pepper. :occasion14: Sounds like you have plenty of acreage to hunt.

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Glad you got out.Good finds to boot.Sounds like a really nice spot...stone house ?Ground froze here, may not thaw for awhile.
Thanks RickThe later finds came from around the fields that were beside the stone house, the button comes from the earlier site down the road on the same property. Not a large site and most of the finds are coming up at the depth of the pinpointer.We got snow here as well yesterday and the longterm forecast is looking like it might be over for the season.

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the cool relics Pepper. :occasion14: Sounds like you have plenty of acreage to hunt.
Thanks LD, It seems that there's no shortage of land to hunt, actual producing sites for every permission seems to be the issue.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on the relic hunt! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread