Lots And Lots Of Wheat Pennies

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was finding wheat pennies everywhere, so I knew that there had to be some silver coins there as well. After about 10 or so wheat pennies I finally popped a 1944 Mercury Dime using the Racer 2 with the NEL Snake search coil attached. Later I switched over to my F75DST with the NEL Sharpshooter search coil attached and popped a 1964 Rosie. I also found a dateless Buffalo Nickle, 13 wheat pennies, and a bunch of clad coins.

This was my 82nd hunt for the year and my grand total for silver coins this year is 223.
I'll total all my gold and silver rings and other jewelry at the end of the year.

tabman

Attachments

• F75 - Racer 2 Silver Coins 002.JPG
    F75 - Racer 2 Silver Coins 002.JPG
    645.9 KB · Views: 73
  • F75 - Racer 2 Silver Coins 003.JPG
    F75 - Racer 2 Silver Coins 003.JPG
    296.9 KB · Views: 68
  • F75 - Racer 2 Silver Coins 005.JPG
    F75 - Racer 2 Silver Coins 005.JPG
    615.3 KB · Views: 73
  • F75 - Racer 2 Silver Coins 007.JPG
    F75 - Racer 2 Silver Coins 007.JPG
    224.9 KB · Views: 66
  • F75 - Racer 2 Silver Coins 009.JPG
    F75 - Racer 2 Silver Coins 009.JPG
    476.7 KB · Views: 65
Upvote 13
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on another silver hunt! :occasion14:

Rogue Relic Hunter

Oct 3, 2016
Virginia Colony
Detector(s) used
DETECTORS: XP Deus WS-4, Garrett AT Pro and Pro-Pointer, Fisher CZ-5
TOOLS: Piranha shovel & R85 Military digger, both by Predator Tools
ATTIRE: Red Head brand Knee-High Waterproof Snake Boots
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
i dug that same 1944 merc. see if it has a D or P on it for the mint. think mine was no making and that meant a mint, cant remember off the top of my head. have to look it up. congrats!!!!!

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Everyone!

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing how often you find silver.......congrats on another productive hunt!! :icon_thumleft:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was glad you took a few months off, you silver Boghart :tongue3: Congrats another silver producing hunt. Wow 223 is about 4 years of silvers for me.

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Amazing how often you find silver.......congrats on another productive hunt!! :icon_thumleft:

Thanks! Silver coins have to be where you're detecting to be able to find them, so researching likely sites to detect is important. I see that you're using Tesoro detectors. I found 5 nice gold rings in the first 60 days of this year using them. Dollar wise, my Tesoro detectors have produced the most. It takes a lot of silver coins to equal one gold ring!

I was glad you took a few months off, you silver Boghart :tongue3: Congrats another silver producing hunt. Wow 223 is about 4 years of silvers for me.

Thanks! I have to keep changing things up to keep me motivated. My average for the year going detecting is around two days a week. I'm averaging about 3 silver coins per hunt. Being retired I could go nearly everyday and really run up the silver count. I figure it's the quality of hunts rather than how many hunts you do that counts most. Besides going every day gets old for me fast.

tabman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread