Interesting find today...

MetalFury

May 25, 2006
New Jersey
Here's my finds from the past two days...the clad and odds and ends came from a school playground yesterday, the old lock, bottles, spike and music box mechanism were from a field near a school today. The funny thing about the lock, bottles etc. was that I was leaving a school playground after only finding a couple of pennies and I saw a bottle sticking up out of the ground. I pulled it up and saw LOTS of broken glass, bricks etc. just laying on the surface and buried just under the surface. I got a good signal with the detector and found the music box thingy and about 10 feet from there I dug up the lock. I know the bottles aren't THAT old but anyone have any idea just how old they might be? Also, I know the lock looks pretty old but I have never found one like that before...any ideas? I was thinking of taking my dremel moto tool with a wire brush and kind of trying to clean up the hasp, get some of the rust off maybe...should I?
I do plan on going back in the next day or two as I didn't have much time to detect where I found the lock but it looks like it might have been an old dump site. Plus I plan on getting as much of the broken glass out of there as I can as it's RIGHT next to a soccer field and if any kids get in that glass they will get hurt...there's ALOT of it there! It's my goal to kind of clean that area up some, not only will I be doing a decent thing by getting rid of the glass, but maybe I'll find some other cool things in there.
By the way, my clad count was 25 quarters, 12 dimes, 6 nickles and 35 pennies...

Attachments

• 100_6725.JPG
    100_6725.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 379
  • 100_6728.JPG
    100_6728.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 377
  • 100_6731.JPG
    100_6731.JPG
    87.1 KB · Views: 377
  • 100_6732.JPG
    100_6732.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 384
  • 100_6730.JPG
    100_6730.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 370
Upvote 0

DIGGITALL

Nov 30, 2005
Hey now i know where my little blue flashlight went. good finds allways a good day when we find things gotta love dirt fishing never know what ya gonna pull up

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread