I did it again ~ GOLD COIN!!!!!!

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2006
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
Hello everyone!!!

Today I went back out to do some detecting on that property in Dorena Oregon (the same place where I found that 1868 Ten dollar gold coin and 1912-S Barber Half dollar back in March of this year) and I found another gold coin!!! 1910-S Indian Head Ten dollar gold coin ~ NICE!!!! I found this one within 50 feet from where I found the other one a few months ago! I also found a 1902 V nickel, military button, and a pocket knife.

Take a look at the pictures ~ pic's of before I cleaned off the dirt and after I cleaned off the dirt.

Attachments

• July15obvclean.jpg
    July15obvclean.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 1,551
  • July15goldrevclean.jpg
    July15goldrevclean.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 1,541
  • July15goldobvdirty.jpg
    July15goldobvdirty.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 1,540
  • July15goldrevdirty.jpg
    July15goldrevdirty.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 1,539
  • July15treasures.jpg
    July15treasures.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 1,534
Upvote 0

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Wow, you certainly have the golden touch. Big time congrats on the stunningly beautiful $10 gold coin!!!! I think you should go for the holy grail and find a $20 one next. That site you have is a real keeper, hope there's more goldies there waiting for you!

Congrats!!!!

SMiles!
BDoo

T

TreasureTales

Sniff, sob, wah!!!!! How could one person be so lucky? I'm available to join you, if you will just say the word!!

Seriously now: CONGRATULATIONS!!! That site has got to be something from an old saloon or some other place where valuable coins would be commonplace and easily lost. Do you know the history of the site? Would you share it with us? Again, big time congrats to you!

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Wow,

Now that is a beautiful gold coin. There may be a cache around there some where.

Congrats,

I hope I get one some day. I get every other old coin you can find. But the elusive gold coin.

HH Jer

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,
Do you carry clean underware with you? Cause I would of cr@p#d myself finding that beauty, Congrats.

outraged

Apr 14, 2007
East Greenbush NY
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/Troy Shadow X2/Ace 250
That is a great day for sure. I would dig everything that makes a blip on that machine. Then rent a backhoe and hit it again!!! There is bound to be more there!!!

Awesome job!!!

T

TreasureTales

Maybe White's Detectors will be knocking on your door soon, offering you a job.

fiatboy

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2007
Jealousy doesn't even come close to how I'm feeling right now! :o

Nonetheless, huge congrats on finding GOLD!

....simply stunning.

OP
OP
oddcoins

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2006
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
TreasureTales said:
Sniff, sob, wah!!!!! How could one person be so lucky? I'm available to join you, if you will just say the word!!

Seriously now: CONGRATULATIONS!!! That site has got to be something from an old saloon or some other place where valuable coins would be commonplace and easily lost. Do you know the history of the site? Would you share it with us? Again, big time congrats to you!

Here's the history as it's been told to me by the current owner. The current owner has only owned it for about 4 years ~ the house that he lives in was built in 1904 ~ but the original house burnt down before that and it was located about 200 feet to the west of the current house location. I'm finding these coins righ about were the original house sat, but that house has been gone since before 1904. The coins range in date ~ 1868, 1902, 1910, & 1912. I assume they were all dropped at about the same time (after 1912 sometime?) since they were all about five inches deep.

Finding one gold coin was a fluke ~ now finding two gold coins makes me think that there's even more out there!

One more bit of history ~ this place is VERY close to here part of the old Buster Keeton movie The General was filmed (if I remember right, it was one of the most expensive silent films ever made). The infamous train wreck scene was filmed just down the road from this property.

T

TreasureTales

Thanks for the story behind the location. If all the coins had been dated 1904 or earlier, of course we'd attribute the coins to being lost in the house fire, but their later dates suggest a bigger mystery!!! Whatever the reason they are there, congratulations for finding such a very productive site. And, yes, there are bound to be more good coins there. As I said, I'm available...... ;)

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
Once again!

Congratulations on a FANTASTIC find!

I'm not jealous at all. Just inspired! :D

Great job!

Ridley

T

TreasureTales

Since I've never seen one of these beauties up close and personal, I just noticed something. The obverse is the same as the Peace Dollar, but with a headdress instead of the crown of liberty. And the reverse is the same as the Peace Dollar reverse, too. So that is something I did not realize before, another bit of info learned and quite by accident. Thank you.

James in Alabama

Jun 27, 2007
Lincoln, AL
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE with Sunray X1 Probe and Whites XLT E Series
oddcoins said:
Hello everyone!!!

Today I went back out to do some detecting on that property in Dorena Oregon (the same place where I found that 1868 Ten dollar gold coin and 1912-S Barber Half dollar back in March of this year) and I found another gold coin!!! 1910-S Indian Head Ten dollar gold coin ~ NICE!!!! I found this one within 50 feet from where I found the other one a few months ago! I also found a 1902 V nickel, military button, and a pocket knife.

Take a look at the pictures ~ pic's of before I cleaned off the dirt and after I cleaned off the dirt.

Man, that is fantastic! You are so fortunate to find all those great coins especially the gold ones...congrats, dude!!

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome! You should buy a Lotto ticket, LOL! Congrats and HH, Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions